Erie Get Together

• Anonymous

Would anybody be interested in having an Erie Get Together…. Go out fishing and then have a fish fry afterwards?? Let me know and I will start getting some info together… Maybe summer… May? June?

Anonymous

Jason,

I would definately be intersested in making a trip that way! How far is it from Rochester, MN any idea?

As much as I want to go getting the time off work is going to be the problem for me.

Anonymous

Just one more question. What is the hot presentation that time of year for Erie. If I can make it I need to know what to bring!

Anonymous

Early summer fishing is awesome on Erie. I was thinking about having the get together somewhere on the Western Basin over by the islands. It’s a little shallower over there and the walleye fishing is usually really good that time of year. Eyes can be caught on just about anything, drifting jigs, bottom bouncers, lindy rigs, or a rig called a weapon. They can also be caught trolling using jets, snap weights, dipseys with spoons or crawler harnesses. If the eyes aren’t cooperating or wind is blowing, the inshore perch fishing is amazing!!!!

As for the drive….. According to Yahoo its about 633 miles to Port Clinton Ohio. Most of it will be freeway or turnpike driving so I imagine it would be about a 10-11 hour trip.

Let me know if you need any more info….

Jason

Steve Hougom
    Onalaska, WI

Since most of us are West of Erie, it would be awesome to charter a couple buses and head that way! Or just have a convoy head that way. Sort of like Canon ball run!

Dustin, sounds like a road trip!

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Sounds great to me, especially since I’m already here, Lol! As long as it doesn’t bump heads with any of our tournament dates Lundy and I will surely be there.

Anonymous

ROAD TRIP . Hougie would this road trip be like the movie. I agree it would be nice if we could set something up to do this finding the time will be the problem. Jason you answered all of my questions in great detail and I thank you for the great info you have been providing for the Erie area!

Anonymous

Bus Trip Idea? That might not be a bad idea. There are a TON of charters on Erie, there are a few that can take out as many as 25-30 guys at a time.

Or if you guys want to caravan and bring a bunch of boats that would be awesome too. If we do it before Memorial Day weekend most of the hotels offer really good rates. $35-$50 a night..

How about a weekend in May?? What’s good for you guys???

Anonymous

Dustin,

No problem…. If anybody is planning on coming out to Erie and needs any information about lodging, launch ramps, etc… Let me know…

Jason

Anonymous

I just found this post. Where the heck have I been?

Jason, I would love to go out there as well. as you know I will be there in April. Swinging something a little later may or may not work. Like Dustin mentioned. Getting time off work will be tough with all the other tourneys going on. I hate to say this, but I may have to sideline this one. Let me know if you come up with a date and I will see what I can do. I would hate to pass on a trip like that.

Jason, on the other hand. You will be out here on Mille Lacs in July right? Maybe we can get some people together and spend some time here as well with ya?

Are you going to be here for the FTR get together?

Let me know what everyone comes up with.

Sounds like a blast!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.