LOTW?

• Anonymous

Anybody been fishing on the ice lately? How was it and where were you. I’m heading up to fish Red, LOTW, and the Rainy (bringing the duck boat) for a four day weekend.

Anonymous

This isn’t a reply, but another question? Have there been any changes on border crossing procedures since 9-11? Either by land or water?

Just wondering what to expect if/when we cross this summer.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Anonymous

uffda,

I crossed in March into Manitoba. No real difference noticed except they checked all vehicles on the way back in!! In the past they wouldn’t check every one. Now if you are going through Fort Frances, I am not sure how things have changed there.

ANy one been through Fort Fances or other border spots to help uffda out?

Jim

PS See you at Trout Day

Anonymous

Uffda,

I went through Fort Francis seven weeks ago and got checked going into Canada and coming back. Neither of which is a new expirence. I’m twenty four years old and I must fit one of the profiles because every time I go up with friends, I get checked. While going with family, I’ve never been checked.

Anonymous

CCoops,

Just wondering how you did fishing when you went up there.

Mark

Anonymous

Well,

Fishing on Red was tough, we (four of us) had two pickups, and we’d drive a couple hundred yards, drill a hole and check it with the Vexilar, and move on. One morning it didn’t work. One night it did.

We fished LOTW out of Long Point and did alright fishing shallow (6-8ft.) at dusk. We did that two evenings both of which produced about 12 walleyes between the four of us.

The Rainy River was awesome. We put in at Birchdale the first day it opened and absolutely pounded the walleyes. Didn’t get anything over 23 inches, but it didn’t matter.

Anyway, I’ll be on Winni opening day through the following Wedsnesday. Anybody else open on Winni? Where do you usually fish? I like Tamarack and the Gap. Anybody plan on tuning into a specific channel? I’ll be staying at High Banks with my dad. I’m not sure what channel I’ll be on yet. Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.