Great show James

• bigpike

Didn’t get to see it, what’s the story line?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Refreshing to see pictures of fish where the angler has his elbows touching his sides.

No need to push the fish way out towards us to make it seem bigger. Nice show, maybe the best yet.

I was waiting for the Otter to blow over…….that would have been good TV!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I was waiting for the Otter to blow over.

I heard that Joel was a little “windy” that day.

James is on the road up Nort. I missed the show this morning and he’s not going to have it on line until he gets back.

So I’m sol until then.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

James is on the road up Nort. I missed the show this morning and he’s not going to have it on line until he gets back.

So I’m sol until then.

SOL here too until weeks end

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I guess I’ll have to wait too.

Dave

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Didn’t get to see it, what’s the story line?

James and I set off from the south shore of Lake of the Woods with the NW angle as our destination. We made one big trip in, 35 miles north on ice-only, in good weather. The return trip was not so good. The fishing in between however really was. We tangled with a massive pile of fish…..had to work hard for our better fish, but ended up with plenty of 20″+ fish.

I lost a monster…..only to ice a 22″er minutes later. That fish was big, never turned it….fought it the better part of 15 seconds then the line popped slack. No idea what happened, but this fish never left bottom while I was putting it to her.

The New Year’s blizzard hit that part of the world while we were fishing, and we were treat to one of the better weather shows I’ve ever seen as this massive system rolled in from the northwest. The fishing spiked, predictably, as we stayed out there and fished a bit into the storm. The return trip was hairy, both on snowmobile and vehicle. It was a blast to do however, really had a good time. Thanks James and to all who watched!

Joel

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This episode will be up in the AM.

Joel… buddy… that’s what we call “good times” right there! Any time we go from pushing snow with the bumper of the truck to skating on glare ice at 3 AM to get you home in time to make a meeting with your boss the following day…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.