Central Boiler model 5036, OMG!!!!

• kurt-turner
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Fired up the newly installed central boiler last week and all I can say is, WHY did I wait so long? So far we are heating 2400 sq ft w/forced air and hot water. Plan to expand w/another pump to heat garage. 3 season porch and hot tub. I have immediate access to wood so it’s a great reason to grab the Stihl when the fish aren’t biting. This unit was easy to install and so far, easy to keep stoked.

Anyone else boiling water?
    Kurt

icenutz
    Participant
    Aniwa, WI

It’s all my dad heats with, also my two cousins. If you have access to wood it is the only way to go. I have a friend that heats his house and huge indoor pool with a wood boiler.

nick
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

I boiler water for a living, and to cook pasta at home. I think my boiler’s dwarf yours

MN Cheif Boiler Operator

thegun
    Participant
    mn

garage is 70+ at all times! nice to go out and all your tools are warm! not to mention not having to put on more than a t shirt!

thought the same thing after getting mine! should have had it a long time ago!

cheap and a good workout to keep ya in shape for them fall hunting trips!

how can ya go wrong!

Follmerpa
    Participant
    white bear lake

This is all good to hear. I have been telling the wife we need to get one ASAP!!! Have a friend in Talmoon loves it.
    Never a problem cheap to run.

Thanks Guys

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

I’ve used wood as a back-up and main heat source for nearly 50 yrs. It IS a great heat supply, BUT as a back-up system only. Wood heat is an evil mistress. It’s demanding, requires constant attention and has an insatiable appetite that takes a huge amount of spare time to fulfill. Unless you have someone reliable to tend the fire for you, you’re tied to the house for all but a day at a time. Making firewood can be an expensive, dangerous, backbreaking chore. I’m lucky in that I enjoy being out and doing the cutting, splitting, hauling and stacking, not to mention the gal that cares enough to help me do all this. jerr

superiorfishing
    Participant
    Hastings,MN

I’ve had a Woodmaster 4400–same idea an all since 2005 and heats old house here and water–love it–just lil hard getting the wood part when your back is a lil wore out from 10 years of being a trash man years ago–before they had cart dumpers!! but I pace myself more now!! my gas bill is $50 a month and thats with service plus added on and gas dryer–paid for it self already!!

Czech
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

I’ve used wood as a back-up and main heat source for nearly 50 yrs. It IS a great heat supply, BUT as a back-up system only. Wood heat is an evil mistress. It’s demanding, requires constant attention and has an insatiable appetite that takes a huge amount of spare time to fulfill. Unless you have someone reliable to tend the fire for you, you’re tied to the house for all but a day at a time. Making firewood can be an expensive, dangerous, backbreaking chore. I’m lucky in that I enjoy being out and doing the cutting, splitting, hauling and stacking, not to mention the gal that cares enough to help me do all this. jerr

Exactly why I now heat with corn and wood pellet, I like the forty pound bags and the thermostat.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

Just a heads up here. Check local municipalities for coming rules on outdoor boilers. Many Municipalities are banning them because of the smoke from many burning green wood in them.

I installed an EKO 40 wood gasification boiler, little to no smoke and most municipalities are excepting these as they are EPA rated.

Gasification boilers at this point in time are one of the most efficient wood burning appliances. By being very efficient they use much less wood then a standard outdoor boiler.

superiorfishing
    Participant
    Hastings,MN

Yeah–I had to check with city before installing and as on were I live no laws yet–but they did say there might be soon–so I would be grandfathered in—looking at maybe seeing how good outdoor pellet stoves work and how much pellets a guy would go though

eronningen
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

I’m seriously considering getting one.

kurt-turner
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Sure is nice to know this wonderful Nanny state is looking out for everyone. I’d hate for the USA’s reliance on oil be reduced by using dead wood…. Kinda like the new boat plug law. Like we needed a law for that? That’s just something you should do without being told. Kind of like burning wood in the middle of a highly populated area.

Thank the Lord I live in rural America! Can’t wait for it to get cold out so I can be forced to load the boiler twice a day. Gives me good reason to get out of the house….

Quote:

Just a heads up here. Check local municipalities for coming rules on outdoor boilers. Many Municipalities are banning them because of the smoke from many burning green wood in them.

Czech
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

I don’t think that OWB’s should be banned at all, but I do think the push to make them more efficient is a good thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.