minnow aerator

• rlamar
    Participant
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I purchased my first minnow aerator today. It is battery powered. My question is, How often due I run it, do I leave it on all night? or run it for awhile every so often. Thanks for any help in advance, Ron

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

As long as you have minnows keep running it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What Calvin said.

The reason I leave it on all the time is because I would forget to turn it back on after I turned it off.

Remember what dead/red minnows smell like in the frig?

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

The more the better. If you have the ac hookup option run it off a battery source and let her rip. If not run it for a few minutes when you think of it. I have a Frabill aqua life and I run it all day on the shack battery. When I get home I put my fatheads and crappie minnows in the fridge and they last forever. Good luck

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Mine takes 2 D batteries. Over the course of a weekend (approx 24 – 30 hours) is all I get out of the batteries. Of course I leave the minnows outside so the water stays nice and cool.

floydthegreat
    Participant

I leave mine on all day and night because i dont need to use up any batteries. mine plugs into the wall.

weldon
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

Any one know of a QUIET air pump. I purchased a Rapala brand and it was NOISY. I opened it up and found the mechanism to be a small motor and rubber billows. Got to be a simpler mechanism that is much, much quieter that is battery driven. I think I paid somewhere around $10 for a poorly designed $1 item when manufactured in volume.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Why not buy a cheap aquarium pump for home/garage and then use the battery aerator when it is fishing time?

I use the aquarium pump, because I got a converter for my truck and I can use it all the time.

kroger3
    Participant
    blaine mn

Quote:

Why not buy a cheap aquarium pump for home/garage and then use the battery aerator when it is fishing time?

I use the aquarium pump, because I got a converter for my truck and I can use it all the time.

couldn’t have said it better myself! I use and aquarium pump, inverter, and a small starting battery. kind of bulky but it will run for over a week easy. priceless when your far form land on the hardwater in the wheel house!

walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Exactly what I do and it works great!!

walleyejgr
    Participant

areobait minnow bucket totally self contained and quiet

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I took a cooler…. drink style five gallon with the top lid and converted it. Added a small double line pump for a fish tank that runs two lines to air stones and use an inverter. I ran the lines up to near the top, then through the side and back down with little t’s they sell as well. Change out the water often and you are good to go. Great thing is if in the heat of summer, it keeps the bait cooler, and in the really cold weather you don’t get the icing and top or hinges freezing. You can get long handled minnow nets at the store as well and it helps keep your hands dry. Cheeper, and a lot better than anything I had off the shelf. Walmart (and others) have all the items.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.