Power cord for Portable Fish ID 128 depthfinder

• z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

I have this eagle Fish ID 128 portable unit. The cord has one jack, but splits into a lead for the power and a lead for the transducer. The Transducer lead broke.
    Emailed LEI and they referred me to a couple dealers that might have the part, but all they have is the split lead cord with a transducer for 70 bucks, which is for the non-portable unit. Not worth paying that much for the old thing.Just trying to find the cord only, for the protable unit. Anyone??

dandorn
    Participant
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have a PC-17BK that I’ll sell you cheap. Not sure if it’s
    what you need though.
    I did find this online that lists which units the power cable works with.

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

That’s the correct connector jack, but I only need the conector with the two leads for the portable unit. I’ve found what you’re showing with the transducer, but don’t need the transducer; on the portable unit, the transducer connects to the transducer lead from the two-lead jack. I’ll try to post a pic of what I’m looking for. thanks.

pete/ny
    Participant
    Youngstown NY

I have a couple power cords from my old Eagle that are Bn in the box. If you post a pic maybe one of these will work for you.

Richard V.
    Participant
    Somewhere over the rainbow

If you still have everything you might take it into a Radio Shack, those guys are usually pretty techy and enjoy fixing stuff like this. They have a lot of knowledge from working on old items, appliances, ham radios…

dandorn
    Participant
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Here you go!

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

That looks to be the one, dandorn. I couldn’t find anything in my owers guide that states the part number shown in the thread, but sure seems to be it. Will check into it, and for 16 bucks, it’s a great fix. Thank you all for the input…..that’s what’s great about this IDO gang!

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

After taking a closer look at dandorn’s thread, it does not specifically state that it’s for a Fish ID 128, and refers to a gray connector, which mine is not. Looks like the transducer lead is the same, but picture not clear on the lead that plugs into the unit. Hmmmmm….

dandorn
    Participant
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I found a chart online that says to “See XD part#” for the power cable for your unit. It looks as though your pigtail was only packaged with the transducer. (Part# 90-67)

Chart

Give these guys a call and see if they can help with just
    the pigtail. Fishlectronics @ 763 571-1277

This is a tough one!

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

I called Fishtronics, and they don’t have it. also talked to the distributor on the Amazon site, and they will contact the manufacturer and see if they may have what I need.
    I may have to try to fix the cable break, which is right at the connector…not much to work with. Found some ideas on the Outdoor Gear formunm hee on IDO for splicing these types of things.
    Worse case, may have to buy another portable unit, but would rather spend the money on something much more useful, like my very first St. Croix rod.

Trevor Powell
    Participant

The plug that plugs into my Fish ID 128 has disintegrated because of the sun, so I am now left with 4 wires which will still attach to the plug on the back of the finder, but left wondering which wires go on which pole, it is the same kind of plug as the one in the picture a couple of posts back. Can anyone help solve this problem ?????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.