I GOT A JOB!!!!!!

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I know it is amazing, but it is true. I have been laid off since January of 2009. Since then, I went back to school and received my EMT-Basic license, then I just finished my EMT-Intermediate Technician license, and I still have 1 more semester to go to graduate with my Medical Assistant degree. It has been a long battle with lots of hours spent in the classroom, studying, in ER doing clinicals, and in the ambulance doing clinicals.
    I will be employed by Berlin Ambulance service in Berlin, WI. The scheduling is flexible and I can still work when I go back to school this fall.
    I have been looking for an ambulance job for awhile and I finally landed it. I am excited to start this coming Monday.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congrats Mike. It is good to see hard work and determination pay off for a guy.

walleyejgr

congrats to ya on your schooling and job

get_hooked
    Dundee, Wi

Its nice to hear some good news for a change. Thanks for sharing it and I hope your new job is as exciting as you are about it. Good luck!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Keep up on the continuing education Wats! It sneaks up on ya.

Congrats!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Congratulations. Berlin is a nice town.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Woohoo. Congrats. Nice to here some good news. Thanks for sharing.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can say that I have given up a lot of my fishing time to go to school. It is a little harder to go back to school when you are close to 40. But, I did pull a 3.70 GPA. I honestly did not see myself going back to school, but the economy gave me the opportunity and I ran with it. I am glad I did it.
    The downside is I had to let the boat go and a lot of my fishing gear in order to keep things above water. In the end I am sure it will be worth it. But, I sure would like to hit the water again someday.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great News Mike! I know you sacrificed a lot over the last year going back to school. We know know you’ll do well in your new career!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Great to hear Mike!! As someone said before, Berlin is a nice town. Fished years ago with a guide from Berlin. He was a part time police officer. If he’s still doing that, I’m sure you’ll meet.

Eric

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Awesome, Mike.

Lost my boat too….it’s just another “thing” that can be replaced. Can’t replace education. Good luck on your new job. Changing your moniker to “Ditch Doctor”??

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Congrats! God knows you earned it!

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

Congratulations!!

Sorry it took soooo long, but I totally respect you initiative!!!

Rudy

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Congrats Mike. Way to stick with it.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Congratulations Mike, 3.7 is a pretty darn good GPA. If I ever get up that way with my boat I’ll let you know and you are welcome to hop in with me. That goes for the ice season also.

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

Congrats Mike, its always good to see some good news. its a long road and you persavered.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Way to keep plugging along! You have earned it. Are you moving?

FDR

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

Are you moving?

Not planning on leaving the area. The kids are too involved with school and we like Holmen. The commute is not too bad. From what I saw of Berlin, it is a nice little town.

Thank everyone for their responses, I appreciate all of them.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Mike!!!
    Great to hear that your hard work has paid off for you!

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Nice Job Mike..Next time you take a study break and want to wet a line give me a shout…

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

You are a great example of what its like to be an AMERICAN. Your hard work and willingness to “retool” is truly impressive.

Reading your post should be an example as to how to approach the changes life throws at you. Too many people are “the victim” and complain about how somebody wronged them vs looking at themselves and figuring out what they need to do differently.

My hat is off to you on a job well done!!!

Dog

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Congrats!!!!! I wish you the best of luck in your new job, starting over is a challenge, run with your new opportunity

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Now that is great news! Congratulations for sticking with it!

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Congrats wats
    I’ll feel much safer going through Berlin
    knowing you are on the job

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Good for you Mike! You deserve it.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

But, I sure would like to hit the water again someday.

Congratulations Mike. That is awesome, a lot of work and you earned it. Great GPA too.

When you feel the need to hit the water again let me know. I’d be happy to have you on board again.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.