1992 Smoker Craft Fazer Boat

• OohMiracle
    Participant
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I found A 1992 Smoker craft Fazer boat that’s for sale.
    Its been stored inside from day 1. I been told its been used very little. It has not been on the water for sometime. the boat has a 90hp Mer, with a 15hp tiller kicker.The photo’s look like it just came from the show room. Is there any thing I need to watch out for in the motor from sitting so long? Gaskets drying out? Ect?

Is there any issue’s with this boat?
    Thanks for your help

rgoi812
    Participant
    Good hour from whitewater

Probably plan on a water pump impeller right away,inexpensive and easy to install. Before you run it make sure its pumping water at least so you dont overheat it.

Jeff Matura
    Participant
    Sumner, IA

Some years ago I purchased a used 9.9 from a guy who said the motor hadn’t run in about 4-5 years. I brought it to the local boat shop in Decorah and was to mix the first tank of gas 25:1 versus the normal 50:1. Mechanic said he could the bearings were very dry when the motor ran….

It might be worth it to bring that motor to a shop and have them look at it.

mcrew
    Participant
    zumbrota,mn

I bought a used 90hp motor with low hour that had been one the shelf for a while only to later find out that the seals in the fuel pump had dried up, causing it to leak gas,very $ fix, so it might not be a bad idea to have it checked out or leave your self some room on the purchase price for repairs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.