Lead weight

• KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

Anyone have access or any lead laying around?

Let me know

predator2 jr
    Participant
    rochester,mn

speaking of which i should get the ole lead pot fired up

big_dog_ia
    Participant
    Omaha, Ne

Might check with some local tire repair places. I know they have the old wheel weights (balancers) that pile up quickly. Might be worth a shot.

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

I got some, what’cha got in mind????- – – jerr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In Mpls, Kershbom-Krump salvage. Not sure of the spelling…but they are the only place I could find scrap lead for sale…call first for pricing. I paid .35 cents a pound…I’ve heard it’s more now.

Make sure it’s melted down outside…never know what impurities are in with the lead.

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

Quote:

In Mpls, Kershbom-Krump salvage. Not sure of the spelling…but they are the only place I could find scrap lead for sale…call first for pricing. I paid .35 cents a pound…I’ve heard it’s more now. Darn-it Brian how the heck am I ever gunna swing a deal for some sinkers, jigs, etc, if you guys keep loading him up with hot spots for recycled lead – – jerr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry…

The only place I know of to get lead is from Jerr in Hudson. He’s willing to trade for jigs and sinkers.

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

Quote:

Sorry…

The only place I know of to get lead is from Jerr in Hudson. He’s willing to trade for jigs and sinkers.

AW JEESE, now you went and made me feel bad I’ve got about 40#-60# laying around that’s already cleaned and molded. I don’t have sinker/jig molds so I thought we might do make a deal- -jerr

life1978
    Participant
    Eau Claire , WI

Hell I’d make sinkers and jigs out of your lead for you, I mold my own .45acp, .357, .380, 9mm round for my pistols too. Along with .45-70 gov. rounds too
    Where abouts are you located in Hudson? I’m always looking for places to buy at.

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

I’ll give Moreyes the first shot, it’s his post. I’m not hurting for the jigs/sinkers, just couldn’t see giving this stuff away without doing a little horse trading first. . .If he passes on it, it’s yours for the trade. jerr

KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

Thanks guys

I managed to scounge some up locally, if I need more I will let you know

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.