Free gun cabinet plans???

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I want to build a gun cabinet for my dad as a surprise, but i can’t seem to find any free plans on the internet. Anyone have any plans already, or know of a good place to get some plans? I don’t want a ornate expensive looking cabinet, just something plain, and functional. One door on the front and a drawer on the bottom, probably a two piece cabinet. Thanks for the help!

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

how soon do you need to get this done? I have a few stacks of woodworking magazines, but it will take some time to find the ones with gun cabinet plans. I think I have a couple of the simpler plans that you would want. I can send you a copy of the plans if it looks like what you described. I can’t recommend one or the other, never used them. The only cabinet we ever made was an 8 gun 26″ square one with a turntable in it. That one is definitely more work than you would want to get in to.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

also has 2 drawers in it. It is quite a workout, but I would send you copy of this plan if you want.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

That is an amazing gun cabinet!!! WOW!! Ted

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Yeah, that’s a little too “complicated” for my woodworking strengths. I might end up just designing my own?? Thanks for the help though!

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

here you go, this is a really nice gun cabnit plan, i used it my senior year in high school (just 2 years ago) to build mine. it turns out very nice and its pretty cheap. the plans are really easy to follow and it really does turn out good. here is the link…

http:// http://www.popularmechanics.com /home_journal /woodworking/1273026 .html

i when i used this plan i looked for ever trying to find one and finally found this and happy i did. hope it goes good for you

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

Am I doing something wrong? I can’t get it to come up. Also does anyone have any good pics of a nice corner hutch for a kitchen. The wifey wants me to build her a china hutch, but I am thinking that she might just get a corner hutch without the doors, I have to get my gun cabinet built before nov. I lost my hunting room cause we are having another baby, and she says the hunting room will be no more as of nov.

jfishnut

just found the forum. I am making a rotary gun rack
    and need need cabinet plans. I finally found your post
    and would like to get the plans. I have the 12 gun
    rotary made and could modify yours to accomodate the
    12 guns. If you would please send me the plans to
    [email protected]. Otherwise I’ll have to modify
    a gun rack plan or design my own but that causes too
    many mistakes. Thank you Jnietert

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.