Making your own lures

• big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Anybody make their lures? Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits, Jigs….etc? A good past time for the days you can’t hunt/fish, saves a few $$ too. I might have $1.00-$1.50 in each bait.
    I buy spinnerbait heads, blades, clevices from Ibraro ranch tackle on ebay, order the skirts from Barlows.
    Buzzbaits, I look for a deal on Ebay, got 177 1/4 oz heads 2 weeks ago, to the door for $24, buy the skirts, blades and rivets from Barlows. I go with a silver head for spinnerbaits and a red head for buzzbaits, spray cans or finger nail polish.
    It passes the time and gives me something to do in “manland” a.k.a basement, you can piece together what “you” want, buy in bulk and sell em to your buddies still cheaper than the store.

Thoughts? Inputs? Any other money savers?

cgut

I have been making all of my own lures for a couple of years now. It is fun and very gratifying when your own lures actually put fish in the boat and it’s cheap too. Stamina Inc. in Mpls is where I get all of my components, http://www.staminainc.com. Barlow’s is good but Stamina has some great soft plastics and the Rite Eye jigs are really nice.

danwi
    westby wi

I poured my own worms for yrs. Still use alot of my own stuff,but what was a nice hobby turned into a job. So that was the end of that

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.