Say hi to new member Kay Hawley

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Kay is just getting started here on IDO, and has been a member in my Fishing Club for the last few years.

She will be the first to say that she is mainly a
    Walleye fisherman.

I’d have to differ, all these fish are from my boat in
    the last year and a half.
    Welcome Kay,
    Jack

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to Ido Kay!

The first part of overcoming a problem is admitting you have it. We can help you through this “walleye” problem you have.

Ask questions, use the search feature and plain ol’ make yourself at home!

redneck
    Rosemount

Welcome Kay Since you are one of the true believers please ignor all the lessers bad mouthing the wonderful walleye. If you can find someone good at photoshop you can get those green carp removed from those pictures Jack is a nice guy but he has led you astray. I have seen pictures of him and walleye so I know he can catch them he just prefers to take the easy way out and carp—or bass—or whatever he calls them—-fishes. The trick is to never smile when holding one. I was out with a guy years ago and I caught a big northern. He wanted a picture of me holding it and I reluctantly agreed. When he looked at the picture he asked why I didn’t smile so I told him—it was a northern Anyway , welcome and feel free to join in the fun. We are mostly harmless except for BK and he can be toned down with a garner snake hidden in his gear. Hey BK, Ya find that snake yet Buddy

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO Kay. You will learn alot on this site but some of it you will want to try to forget.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

welcome to the best site on the web

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Welcome aboard Kay

Sit back, read, relax, learn and share

bclii
    MN/AZ

Welcome to IDO Kay! Great knowledge from great people!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO Kay!
    Nice fish pictures by the way.

nord

JACK
    She will be the first to say that she is mainly a
    Walleye fisherman.
    Best change that to Fisherwoman.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome to IDO.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Welcome to IDO Kay,

Rules are for those fish to Always ID GPS Coordinates, Bait, Air & Water Temp, Depth etc. Share your knowledge.

Kay Hawley

How fun it has been to read the entertaining comments made by like minded fisher people! I’ll have to admit that after years of being a die hard walleye enthusiast…. using jigs and minnows, back-trolling with Lindy Rigs, long-lining shad raps, etc. that it has been quite a world changer to start fishing bass. Most recently was fishing on lake Minnewashta during a MVIF outing with good friend, Jack Naylor. He set me up with a Scum Frog and gave me a quick tutorial. After a dozen casts and jump, jump, jump, sit…. the water exploded! BAM, WOOSH… Holy Cow! What an adrenaline rush! Well, needless to say “I was hooked”… I stopped by [censored] this afternoon and bought a few Scum Frogs.

A couple of additional comments I would like to make are:
    1) what a great web site IDO is… it is convenient to be able access so much information in one place and a great way to learn from and connect with other anglers. I’ve really enjoyed reading posts on the forums, looking at the classifieds, etc. I shall return!
    2) Two years ago some of my fishing friends encouraged me to join the Minnesota Valley In-Fisherman. How many women do you think were in the club when I joined? zero
    It has turned out to be a highlight of the last two years. Everyone has been welcoming, helpful, and from the very beginning my gender was a non- issue, I felt quickly respected as a passionate fisherwoman and a student of structure fishing and scientific angling.

If you are looking for other fish crazy enthusiasts and awesome friends then you should check out MVIF (Minnesota Valley In-Fisherman)!

Good luck fishing everyone!

Aluminum
    NULL

Welcome to Ido Kay!

stuart
    Mn.

Welcome aboard Kay!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.