Terrova Ipilot Issue

• mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I have 3 or 4 year old Terrova with I-pilot. Been working just fine all spring used it Memorial weekend mostly the anchor lock. I recharge batteries daily with on board charger. Went to use Anchor lock Saturday and I had no GPS signal on the display of the remote. I replaced the battery in the remote and recharged batteries etc. Sunday same thing no GPS functions. I unpluged Terrova from power supply It shows full charge on it’s battery display I did the relearn on the remote still will not get GPS signal. Anyone else have this issue? Compass works remote works for none gps functions foot pedals works.
    Mwal

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Me, I call Minnkota service…. they may send ya to a local service site, but pretty sure they will help make sure you are not missing any steps to find a simple problem causing it. I’ve had great luck calling them.

Sounds like you have checked everything possible, but.

The older units had a gps board that could dry up (or something like that). It was cheeper to replace the part than send it to service, and have them trouble shoot. The service tech gave me a “very likely” point that it would fix the problem, and it did.

Point being, no downside to calling them.

garrett
    NULL

oooooh! you hit a nerve on that question. My spot-lock has never worked. Its under warranty so the service center sent it right to minn-kota. Came back still broke. brought it back and they came up with some crap about the battery is broke. New Optima battery and still wont work. Sure glad I have I-pilot. The I must stand for keep an Eye on it so it doesn’t run across the lake on you. When I press spot lock it spins in circles and then fouls out.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

check the connections inside of the head of the I-Pilot.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

The I-Pilot lock takes a minute to “settle down”
    When you want to spot lock,
    overshoot the actual target by a few feet.
    The unit will then usually do a 180 to get back to the GPS location.
    It will then do some adjusting to get a speed and location.
    This may entail some turning of the head.
    The head will remember how many times the head has turned so that the cord does not wrap too far.
    DURING THIS TIME – DO NOT HIT SPOT LOCK AGAIN.
    If you do it starts the process over and may lose track of the number of turns to prevent cord wrap.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Went through Trouble shooting over the phone. Replacing the Ipilot unit.

Mwal

garrett
    NULL

I know what its spoze to do. When I hit spot lock it does do a 180 and bring the boat back to the spot. After a minute or so it loses its bearing and starts its spin. after 4 rotations it cops out and stops. while winding up it increases prop speed to at least 5 before shuting down.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Quote:

I know what its spoze to do. When I hit spot lock it does do a 180 and bring the boat back to the spot. After a minute or so it loses its bearing and starts its spin. after 4 rotations it cops out and stops. while winding up it increases prop speed to at least 5 before shuting down.

I just had this happen this week! I had the foot peddle attached and thought i had stepped on the steer switch while fighting a bass. Ended up disconnecting the pedal and then spot lock wouldn’t work! Hmmm. Sounds like a phone call is in order.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

When I installed my I-Pilot Link,
    I forgot to hook up the foot pedal
    and everything functioned without it.

FYI – there is a new update for some Humminbird finders available
    Version 7.090
    If you do install this version and have Link,
    it also requires I-Pilot Link controller
    (Version 2.070
    and remote updates
    (Version 2.020
    as well

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

That’s not right
    It is disheartening to not have the factory fix your issues.

PB2

Quote:

That’s not right
    It is disheartening to not have the factory fix your issues.

extremely rare as a matter of fact I’ve never heard of it before.sounds a little fishy actually

garrett
    NULL

It is dishearting to have this happen. the biggest problem is id have to have the service rep in the boat with me to show the problem. my suggestion to them was to hook it up and push a cart around outside and it should go haywire. there comment was that’s not how we do it, our dionostic sensors can see if there an issue. What ever!

tight-lines

I had the same problem. One of the batteries was not putting out 12v. Check the batteries before sending the unit in, Walmart or service center should do it for free.

tight-lines

I had the same problem. One of the batteries was not putting out 12v. Check the batteries before sending the unit in, Walmart or service center should do it for free.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.