More Details on the new IDO Website

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

For those that missed the initial announcement last week In-Depth Outdoors will be releasing a new website platform late June. Here’s a link to that initial announcement along with a sneak peek of the look and lay-out.

NEW IDO Website Coming mid-June!

In an effort to help ease the transition we thought it best to release additional sneak peeks as well as some info that lays out what visitors to the IDO websites can expect once the new site is released.

1 – Our forums will be updated to facilitate a more modern user experience. Photo uploads will be easier from all platforms including desktop, tablet and mobile. Any logged in user will be able to embed videos. Uploaded photos will be tied to a photo album for each member.

2 – The look and lay-out of our forums will remain largely unchanged in an effort to maintain a “familiar” look and functionality. We don’t want people to feel lost or confused when they visit the new site for the first time. So if you want to get to a comfortable space simply click on “forums” on the new site and the navigational experience should seem very familiar. From there you can explore when the time is right.

3 – The new site has a powerful back-end platform which will make managing all the content here on IDO less time-consuming and will provide for a much “richer” browsing experience.

4 – The new website brings all our sites under one roof making browsing and even communication between our sites very simple and straightforward.

5 – The new site has an improved website design, that looks great on any device.

6 – The new site will accommodate larger photos and additional placement of videos for a much more engaging experience.

7 – Clean and clear navigation, even on a smartphone.

8 – New categorization and tagging options will be offered, making content more easy to discover. For example, if you want to see all recent content related to Wisconsin that info will be available to you on one easy to navigate page.

Well, that’s all for now. We’ll keep everyone posted on the impending release of the new website as new details come our way and production milestones are reached behind the scenes.

PikeFishman
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

I can’t wait, this is going to be awesome. With the new mobile platform my work productivity will definitely take a hit!

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

#sweet

I sure hope the new site has a Pinterest share capabilities.

You catch this Brian Klawitter

+1

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Think you got the wrong BK there Pugster.

Looking forward to the enhanced mobile site for when I’m fishing with you Mike. It will give me something to do.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Will user names be transferred from old to new site?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

sounds like there’s a glitch…

Some of the letters are being trasposed…

S=S
    U=C
    Z=H
    U=M
    K=U
    I=K

Looking for a work around….

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

sounds like there’s a glitch…

Some of the letters are being trasposed…

S=S
    U=C
    Z=H
    U=M
    K=U
    I=K

Looking for a work around….

You gonna take that Mike?

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Pretty clever except how he handled the two U’s.

To be expected from a serial snake killer.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Will user names be transferred from old to new site?

Yes. User accounts and all related posts, replies and photos will transfer.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

PM’s too or should we be cleaning those up prior to transition?

rvvrrat
    Participant
    The Sand Prairie

Only fix for that is

Y
    A
    M
    A
    H
    A

Will the user have control of their avatar or do we still have to submit to the IDO Gods?

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Think you got the wrong BK there Pugster.

LOL, you get my point though with all the sharing features. #clueless #overbkshead

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

PM’s too or should we be cleaning those up prior to transition?

I’d recommend cleaning up old messages and archiving anything important. The migration team will attempt to migrate PMs between users but if issues arises the importance of that data has been determined to be “low.”

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Only fix for that is

Y
    A
    M
    A
    H
    A

Will the user have control of their avatar or do we still have to submit to the IDO Gods?

The user will have control.

rvvrrat
    Participant
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

The user will have control.

Cool. Thx! Might have to create one

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

FYI The IDO gods have been on break for a number of years.

Users can upload their avatar now.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

This looks fantastic! I’m glad that the fishing and hunting side will be merged! And I can’t wait to be able to access IDO better from my smartphone!

TripleA
    Participant
    Blaine

Not sure if there is a better place to post it but— Can you please include a “Crestliner” forum in the Boats section? I just bought one and was unable to use this site as much as another because there wasn’t a tab to click on for information! I see a lot of them and they seem to be a mainstream name, not to mention they are made in MN! Thanks!

Steve Plantz
    Participant
    SE MN

James how much will the group forums be affected? Will there be any down time there and if so do you have a guess on about how long?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James how much will the group forums be affected? Will there be any down time there and if so do you have a guess on about how long?

The new site will have “groups.” Existing groups will not be transferred over but you will able to create a new one on the new site and control access in much the same way you do now. Group functionality will be in place as soon as the new site opens so there won’t be any additional down time for that feature.

Jeff Bennett
    Participant
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Looks great ,like the lay out.

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

James, got a question, Will we be able to post videos through the site here or will we still have to use UTube, it would be nice if we could just use the site here. I’ve at times wanted to post a video or two and because we had to use UTube earlier I never did, I more then likly will if we can. Can you clear this up for me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Still need to Youtube it Mossy.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

But will we be able to post YouTube videos here as in embed them without moderator help?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Without moderator help as in copying the url of a Youtube video and pasting it here?

YOU BETCHA!

No special tags, no moderator called.

(sorry for taking so long, I was looking at the latest IDO Depth Finder)

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Here’s a little tip.

I know a lot of people including me are lost and finding it very inefficient to browse the site now that the little bobber icons are gone that used to tell us topics we’ve read or topics with new posts. It also is a little annoying we can’t go to the newest reply after the last we read in a topic when we click the topic link.

If you go to your profile first (click your username next to the “logout” button), clicking through the tabs like “Forums”, “Activity”, “Messages”, etc will help indicate some new things for you to look at since the last time you were on the site.

There are also sub tabs just below the tabs when you click into them.

Attachments:
    1. featuer.jpg

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.