Zimmer to coach Vikes

• icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Do you honestly believe that the Vikes offense was going to go anywhere though? They may have been ranked in the middle of the pack but they had no balance at all, their offense was AP or nothing basically.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Vikes went the same place the pack did….to the sofa. That’s because I honestly didn’t think the pack’s offense was going to go anywhere. The vikes needed a new coach. It appears they have one. Now all they need to worry about is getting new ownership.

tswoboda

Quote:

Do you honestly believe that the Vikes offense was going to go anywhere though?

Absolutely not! Just throwing some stats out there. Tough to win games when you’re giving up 30 points.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

My reasoning was the recent lack of ability for the Vikes to establish a QB. Seems like QB is by far and away the most important position in the league, just seems to me that if I was and owner I would get an offensive minded coach who can establish a QB that’s all.

duke.harbaugh

Quote:

Now all they need to worry about is getting new ownership.

Yea some where other than MN…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

As good of a choice as any on the short list. There’s never any way that you can tell how these “step up” coordinator candidates will do other than to try them and find out. I’m willing to take the chance as I don’t want another recycled head coach like Chiders.

I hope Zimmer knows how to work the draft and the trade hotline in the off season, because the Vikes have LOTS of needs.

Grouse

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Quote:

I hope Zimmer knows how to work the draft and the trade hotline in the off season, because the Vikes have LOTS of needs.

Grouse

Your kidding yourself if you think he will have any imput at all concerning free agency and the draft. That is run by our crappy GM Spielman. Spielman runs that show…RR

bclii
    MN/AZ

Quote:

My reasoning was the recent lack of ability for the Vikes to establish a QB. Seems like QB is by far and away the most important position in the league, just seems to me that if I was and owner I would get an offensive minded coach who can establish a QB that’s all.

Boy you are spot on! They did not learn anything from the Frazier hire/fire! The queens will be spinning their wheels again for 5 years! I guess their is still a chance they may win the big one in my life time, heck I’m only 9
    Denny you aren’t too old to still coach, are you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would equate this to the Chicago Cubs hiring a new manager. They’re still the cubs.

We’re still the Vikings, the stumbling, bumbling Vikings. And yes, I’m a Vikings fan since ’69.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

For those of you who were killing Frazier over his lack of fire, looks like this guy is just the opposite.

I’ll never accept that argument. People think only spazzy coaches win. Believe me, I heard the argument enough with Yeo and Richards. The only reason it appears that way is because most coaches are spazzy.

gary d
    cordova,il

No one owns the right couch to sit on! Only time will tell. For me I am ready for a shiney new penny.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Quote:

For those of you who were killing Frazier over his lack of fire, looks like this guy is just the opposite.

I’ll never accept that argument. People think only spazzy coaches win. Believe me, I heard the argument enough with Yeo and Richards. The only reason it appears that way is because most coaches are spazzy.

Totally agree. Lots of great coaches did NOT have a usual practice of having spastic fits on the sidelines. The Vikes don’t need a screamer, they need a leader.

Grouse

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Totally agree. Lots of great coaches did NOT have a usual practice of having spastic fits on the sidelines. The Vikes don’t need a screamer, they need a leader.

Grouse

I think the people that gripe about emotionless coaches are the guys that are pacing,yelling, swearing,flipping the bowl of cheese puffs in the air on Sunday when the home team is not doing too well and they see a calm and collected coach on the sideline and interpit the calmness as not caring or not being emotionally vested in the game.
    How about Bud Grant?

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Just to be clear I was never the one who said I don’t like a quiet coach, just pointing out that guys on here last year were grilling Frazier for being so much of a laid back guy. I like Mike McCarthy a lot and he’s a quiet coach.

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

It’s easy to coach when you have talent, it’s when you don’t your in trouble. Viking fans are just a few years away from getting a good team that can finish 10 and 6 and win the division.Just saying.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Maybe I drink too much purple koolaid but I think the vikings are not that far away from being a good team. If this guy can get the defense to play better, who knows some of the close games they may have won.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

BINGO!~ Name the superbowl winning coaches of the past 25 years that didn’t have a very good or great QB!!

YOU NEED A VERY GOOD QB TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE!!!!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Name the superbowl winning coaches of the past 25 years that didn’t have a very good or great QB!!

Brian Billick Baltimore – QB Trent Dilfer
    John Gruden Tampa Bay – QB Brad Johnson

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

Name the superbowl winning coaches of the past 25 years that didn’t have a very good or great QB!!

Thank you!!!! SO IF YOU HAVE A CRAP QB you have an 8% chance of winning the Superbowl.. My point exactly..

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Does Rich Gannon have a ring? I’m not sure…

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Look at KC this year, new coach and QB and they were solid. Get us someone that can throw the ball and we will be alright!!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Don’t forget about: Mike McCarthy Green Bay – QB Aaron Rodgers.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Look at KC this year, new coach and QB and they were solid. Get us someone that can throw the ball and we will be alright!!

Good point,, Ya just cant have a pile of crap back there and expect to win.. At this point IO’d even take an average guy and roll with my 8% chances of winning a SB.

Burr

How this hire will be interpreted will be determined in about three years.

Who get’s fired, Trestman, McCarthy, or Zimmer? At least one of them will.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.