theives

• jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Was shorefishing by Bayport lastnight. Came back to the car to grab a different tackle box and noticed the window shattered and no tackle box. Funny how they didn’t touch 8 other cars that were parked by me with rods and reels visual. And with all the glass laying around, it seems they will return. Took me years to accumulate the little tackle I had. Oh it was a cold ride home too.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Sucks man!

Theives.

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That sucks. Would some jigs and plastics be helpful to you? Seem to have a bunch sitting around my garage that dont see much boat time anymore.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I have some plastics as well, the B-fish-n ones. I kind of over bought! Would be happy to send some your way. Just PM me!
    Scott

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Been there Jake. I feel for you buddy. Actually, I should say i was better off since they didn’t shatter a window to get it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have some stuff in my old walleye tackle box. What ever is in there is yours if you like it.

Some of it might have been made before you were born though.

PM me if interested.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hey Brian, you know Lazy Ikes are worth good money!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Terrible to hear. So much for the quiet safe little town of Bayport.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I love lazy Ikes! My go to lure when I am desperate. Yeah, I use them every trip!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

More plastics and jigs over here if you want them. Maybe you can come up with some more of those Frankenstein lures you were using to catch those nice eyes this spring!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I love lazy Ikes! My go to lure when I am desperate. Yeah, I use them every trip!

They’re a classic!

riverbank-rat
    River Falls, WI

sorry to hear about that man! i have heard something before on another forum site that the Bayport King Plant parking lot has had it happen before but no specific time frames or seasons when it happened most. I usually keep my stuff in the trunk anyway since it wont open unless I have the key to it.

As far as tackle goes, I recently lost a bunch fishing in Florida for a week (lots of toothy Mackerel cutting mono when they “miss the bait”), so I don’t have any surplus. But I usually restock at Cabelas. It’s like $12 or so for 25 1/4oz. jigheads and they have their own plastics brand thats dirt cheap too.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

I get the unpainted jigs and just paint them myself. Less than $4 per 25. Those should be easy to replace. My blade baits, buckshots and plastics will take a little longer to replenish. Lesson learned for sure. Can’t trust anyone or anything. They will get caught sooner or later. Thanks guys

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

That sucks dude. I HATE fricken thieves. If you want, I would be happy to make some jigs and send them to you FOC. I’m sure I could scrounge up some plastic for you too. Drop me a PM with jig sizes if you are interested.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.