Lou Cornicelli is no longer in charge!

• drew-evans
    Participant
    rochester MN

Lou is now the wildlife section’s research manager and Leslie Mclnenly is the new big game program leader. maybe the deer herd in zone 602 will have a fighting chance, maybe she has the same views as Lou but lets hope not!!

END THE SLAUGHTER! lets start rebuilding our herd next year instead of decimating it further.

Drew Evans

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

That would be nice but I dont think the govt will ever allow the numbers back to what they once were soley because of the threat on the roads and possibly even crops. I would love to see waves of deer once again.

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

How have the woods looked this year Drew? Did the slaughter last year make a change in what you see this year?

drew-evans
    Participant
    rochester MN

allot less does, but the antler restriction we had for one year in 602 has affected our buck population in a better way. we as in many people around all of SE mn have seen many more 2 and half year old bucks than ever before. i have seen 7 antlerless deer during this deer season and 9 different bucks several numerous times and 5 in the same deer stand no shooters yet though.

also watching game cameras through the spring and summer many of the does lost there fawns in my area either to predation roads or illness who knows my guess is coyotes though, have herd at least 3 to 5 different groups a night all year from one location cant wait for the snow to fly this year im going to take some time to get a few of them.

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Sounds like we need a Yote Shoot GTG.

drew-evans
    Participant
    rochester MN

Quote:

Sounds like we need a Yote Shoot GTG.

yes we do, and for any of you yote hunting guys out there i cant accomadate everybody but if your looking for new hunting grounds PM me and either i cant point you in the right direction and get you permision or i can tag along.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.