Jig on Red Gut Bay

• john23
    St. Paul, MN

I was fishing the Red Gut Bay area on Rainy Lake over the weekend and snagged a B Fish N precision head with a moxie or pulse-r attached to it (the tail of the plastic was gone). Now, I know a lot of people use these jigs but I also know that a lot of those people are on this website. Any chance you lost a green tiger (firetiger) 1/4 ounce precision head with a moxie or pulse-r on it? I thought it might be fun to see if the original owner is here on IDO.

charliek
    Wisconsin, St. Croix

We were on Rainy this weekend throwing Moxi and pulse-r rigs. What an awesome trip. We slammed them with purple or lime green rigs. Lots of fish. Several over 27 and one 30 inch. How did you do?

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

I tossed a few around there in late August…..I didn’t lose any, BUT, a guy a loaned a rod to might have. I don’t recall what he was tossing, but I do recall him losing a couple of offerings I had set him up with. If it was shallow around Windy Island or Moose Is, good chance it was mine….although I doubt I’d had him set up with 1/4oz up shallow. I snapped a Moxie on a heavier jig one out deeper for a while, but don’t recall losing any.
    How was fishing? Stay at Coppens?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I was staying with a buddy who owns a place up there. He is one lucky guy, let me tell you. Rainy is a very cool lake. Fishing was secondary to a couple projects, but we did manage to catch a few fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.