why do guys fish alone?

• palolo
    Participant

Because they want to go to the same spot all the time every time.

trumar
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Because they want to go to the same spot all the time every time.

There are times I just DONT WANT anyone to go with.(peace and quiet)

Paul Heise
    Participant
    River Falls, Wi

The fish are bigger and the stories are better with no witnesses!

palolo
    Participant

Quote:

The fish are bigger and the stories are better with no witnesses!

so true.. catch a 5lber and by the time you get home it’s a 10lber.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Try fishing with me once. The knowledge is in the experience, young grasshopper.

chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

Wife likes to sleep in.

jiggin-rake
    Participant
    inver grove heights, minnesota

I fish alone for many reasons.. the main one is nobody wants to go fishing with me.. all my friends would rather be on the couch playing playstation.

FishinPaul
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

Because nobody wants to or will fish with me! I am used to landing big muskies by myself…

grumpy
    Participant
    Iowa, Clinton

because all of his friends are DEAD..

Willy Wonka
    Participant
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Over the years be it hunting or fishing, I can depend on myself. About 20 years ago I got stood up for the last time due to my partner getting out of the bar extra late. Very frustrating when 8 am rolls around and you have been waiting for thhe past three hours wondering where they are.

Anyway those days are long gone and I couldn’t be happier.

WS

bassn7
    Participant
    Bruce,WI

because my 2 best fishing partners have passed away and my 2 sons live more than a hour away! also when I am prefisin I don’t always go to fish,I’m looking and trying new things and most other people want to catch fish when they go! Also I am a service tech so my schedule gets real messed up sometimes and I just leave when I can with no planing
    Stan

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

To appreciate life without disturbances

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

(1)Mainly because I don’t really care if I catch fish or not….(2)anybody I take with me expects me to put’m on fish….(3)I enjoy the quiet. The cell phone gets turned off and the radio’s never on- -jerr

STEVES
    Participant
    New Richmond, Wi

Quote:

Wife likes to sleep in.

X2. My wife is a human rain delay…

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Because women expect a guy to bait thier hook and take the fish off, absolutely won’t help clean the fish…Don’t even want to stay out all night, even when thier biting good.

trumar
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Because women expect a guy to bait thier hook and take the fish off, absolutely won’t help clean the fish…Don’t even want to stay out all night even when thier biting good.

Not to stray away from the original post but I hope MsTrumar doesnt read this quoted comment.

She does all that her self and I have to darn near knock her out to get her OFF the water even after dark and even when fishing is SLOW.

Am I right BK ?

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

Same with my bride, couldn’t ask for a better fishing partner jerr

chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

Zits, thats one way of looking at it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

My wife is a human rain delay…

THAT is FUNNY! Although I would NEVER admit it in public!

Baiting the hook, taking the fish off, going in early…not a bother at all. IF THAT’S ALL IT TAKE TO GET MY FW OUT I’M ALL OVER THAT!

So right Jeff. But Mary doesn’t fit the mold of normal when it comes to fishing…you lucky dog.

Seeing as it’s fathers day I’ll go on to say that in 4 years I’ve never fished alone.

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

lisak
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Because women expect a guy to bait thier hook and take the fish off, absolutely won’t help clean the fish…Don’t even want to stay out all night, even when thier biting good.

haha, sounds like someone has been out fishing with my sister… not all of us women are like that.

Whiskerkev
    Participant
    Madison

I fish alone a lot but I don’t really like to but it just ends up that way. I have many fishing friends but most of them have their preferred species. My sons are not old enough yet to go out late at night. My wife is not a fishing person unless the boat comes with a a restroom on board. I dislike fishing with someone who needs constant supervision.

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

Most times when I see a guy fishing alone I just think, poor guy, he must be a real corn hole!

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

Quote:

Most times when I see a guy fishing alone I just think, poor guy, he must be a real corn hole!

SO not true. There are times where I like being with the guys or gals fishing. Other times, depending on my mood I could spend 10 hours on the water alone with just me & my thoughts. I love it!!!

smoke grub
    Participant

I hate fishing alone. there is no one to share the joy of fishing with. whether it be a big pike , or a bass or even a big buffalo or a doggie. its great for a time to share and at time to make a memory that lasts a life time.

ccales
    Participant
    Mpls, MN

I fish alone because my friends are to lazy to get up early and go, or their wives have things for them to do, or they have to go to soccer, or they show up late. I’d rather go alone than listen to all the excuses.

Plus…I’m probably a corn hole.

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Plus…I’m probably a corn hole.

Don’t get me wrong….I fish alone alot myself

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

“why do guys fish alone?”

I cant make sense out of your question. Fish alone. Fish with one other person. Two other peope. What in the world difference is there?! Sounds like you’re trolling.

timmy
    Participant

I fish alone a lot of the time because a large portion of my trips are spur of the moment – with no notice to line up a partner.

Also – with the hectic pace of life in general – fishing alone is a big wind-down time for me……a good time to recharge the mental battery.

Also – I’m prolly a corn-hole.

T

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Because if they are like me, they like fishing bottomless.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.