A few pics from Montana

• walleye_wisdom
    Participant
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Back in September I took a job out here in Montana and moved from Iowa. Words cannot describe what it’s like living out here. Mountains minutes from my house, endless miles of streams, acres and acres of lakes, all with little to no pressure. Even the most popular lakes have such little pressure I haven’t had to worry about other fisherman.

The wildlife is incredible, having elk walk 20ft in front of my truck, driving back roads and seeing bears. The amount and variety of fish is incredible. All of this within minutes from me.

I do miss catfishing and some bass, but even those are around, just a little drive.

The hardest thing out here is trying to decide where to go for the weekend, well that and find a good looking woman who can count to at least 10.

Going through my pictures it’s impossible to post all the good ones and it’s only the start of the summer. I turned the bed of my truck into a camper so it’s incredibly easy to just pull off a forest road and set up camp, even woke up to a foot of snow Memorial Day weekend!

thegun
    Participant
    mn

sounds like your living the life! Great pics

stick with the ones that cant count to ten.. The others will have you trading in your truck for a mini van and youll be spending your weekends going to soccer, baseball, basketball, volleyball, and whatever else your kids decide to do…

keep on posting the pics there always fun to lookat!

jighead-two
    Participant
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

What’s wrong with not knowing how to count past 10? You give them 11 one dollar bills and their in hog heaven.

Glad you’re happy with your move and enjoying life.

Ron Johnsen
    Participant
    Platteville wi

Great pics

flatfish
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Love the pics…I could live out there in a heart beat but the MRS. will have nothing to do with it

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

I’m jealous ! Given the opportunity and a job, I’d live out there in a heartbeat also. I see walleyes ! Mind if I ask where you are located to find those out there or did you travel to get them? I know Fort Peck has them and lots of ’em. Are you near there?
    Good luck on finding that Woman math wiz !!

stuwest
    Participant
    Elmwood, WI

Make sure you plank some and boil some of those lakers/trout.

EXCELLENT eating… boiled onions,potatoes, carrots, stick of melted butter=YUMYUMYUM

enjoy, soon you will be married…

rgoi812
    Participant
    Good hour from whitewater

Kooty: I used to live on that road outside olympia and yes a couple rainiers did get downed on the way home from work occasionally. Thanks for the memory!

walleye_wisdom
    Participant

It’s hard to find Old Milwaukee out here so Ranier is as close as it gets. Nothing better than a cooler full of Ranier and Walleye. Best beer has a fishy smell when you drink it!

bigpike
    Participant

My Aunt and Uncle live in Deerlodge, not to far from Helena. I love visiting them and my uncle taking us up in the mountains trout fishing. Montana is a wonderfull place to live. Here is my uncle Joe with full heat in tow!

walleye_wisdom
    Participant

Bigpike- Deerlodge has some nice views, the Flint River (I think?) mountain range to the west is awesome.

It took me a bit to get used to seeing so many people toting handguns around like it’s nothing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.