Discount Tire

• JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

A few years ago I bought some tires at Discount Tire in Fridley. Last year they fixed a leaky valve stem on our car and didn’t charge us and I thought it was because we had bought the tire there…pretty cool.

Today I took in my pickup to have ’em look at a slow leak on one of the rear tires. I walked across the street to have lunch and when I came back they were finishing up. The tech walks in and tells me there was a nail in it and he fixed it. I start walking up to the counter and he says “no charge.” I just looked at him like ‘yeah good one.’ He hands me my keys and says come back when you need a set of tires.

I think I said “Huh?” about three times.

If its fixable…the place will fix your tire for free.

FREE!

Thumbs way up on this business from this guy…I’ll be back there someday.

JP

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve had the same experience there (well, the Brooklyn Park location) in the past. As a result, my past two sets of tires have been purchased through them. Their prices are usually tough to beat, to boot!

I was just there to have a leak fixed yesterday

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Amazing how something so simple as good customer service brings you back isn’t it? Makes you wonder why some places can’t figure it out.

Jack Naylor
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice to see in an environment of tough times for many.
    Jack

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

We do the same thing here & also rotate for FREE… at the dreaded dealer Also will put our everyday prices against them and if there lower (hardly ever are) we will beat em

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

I had the opposite experience at Tires Plus. Granted, I didn’t buy my tires there. I had a slow leak in my tire and since I had my truck in for an oil change figured I would have them fix the tire as well. They charged me 25.00 to reseal the tire. They claimed they didn’t find any leaks. Even though I could have brought it to Sams Club and had it fixed for free under their warranty package. I was still ok with the 25.00 charge. 2 days later, it still had the slow leak in the same tire. I took it back to Tires Plus and explained to them it was still leaking from their fix 2 days earlier. I probably waited 45 more minutes for them to fix it the 2nd time. The service manager tells me they found a small nail this time. He tried to charge me again claiming I picked up the nail in the same tire as they fixed within 2 days. When I disputed the charge, he tried to make me feel like I was a duche bag. I’ve never been back to Tire Plus since.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Discount Tires.

dfresh
    Participant
    Fridley, MN

Discount Tire is really good with stuff like that. They’ll rotate your tires for free whenever you want too.

eyesfishin
    Participant
    Somerset, WI

I’ve had a terrible experience with them. Tires rolling off rims 10 miles after getting them installed. Only to bring the tire back and have the wrong size mounted and not notice til I got home so I had to bring it back and get a third tire mounted. They ended up giving me my money back for the one tire. Very good customer service IMO just not good service. I still haven’t decided if I’d use them again. Btw most of my venting comes from no snuff for two weeks. Otherwise I’d have just kept all that to myself.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Way to go for quitting snuff. Keep going…there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

jp

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Tires Plus in hudson sucks, they are an independantly owned store and not franchise owned and their service is really lacking compared to the others. I will use the Stillwater store for alignments.

As far as discount tire I have had really good luck buying tires from them online, and they are a little cheaper than getting them from their store and they ship to my house for free. to DTD.

Pumpintheline
    Participant

Having moved Back to the Pothole state of the Union (Michigan) I had bought a set of tires in Muskegon (Discount Tires) and have since moved to Jackson Mi. Tires were six years old and I had a shake develop in the front end. Took the truck to Discount Tires in Jackson, They looked me up had the date of purchase. Looked at the tire Broken Steel belt. (tires were about shot) Got a $ 78.00 credit for the broken belt Purchased a new set of tires and away I went a Happy Camper. They get my vote!!!!!!!!!

chamberschamps
    Participant
    Mazomanie, WI

Tires Plus sucks. The wifey went in with a slow leak on a tire. The salesman said the tires were shot and the leak was not fixable anyway, so what she really needed to do was replace them before one blows out (i think he saw the two child seats in the back). They had about 50% wear. Wifey told the guy to pound sand. Took it to the local shop down the street and had it plugged in 20 minutes. While she waited they gave her a cup of coffee and a donut.

Discount Tire on the other hand has been pretty good to us. The one in Madison can be a little high pressure sales pitch sort of thing, but there prices and customer service has always been pretty good.

nick
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Tires Plus in hudson sucks, they are an independantly owned store and not franchise owned and their service is really lacking compared to the others. I will use the Stillwater store for alignments.

As far as discount tire I have had really good luck buying tires from them online, and they are a little cheaper than getting them from their store and they ship to my house for free. to DTD.

Bah! skip the whole mail order thing, they’ll price match anything (plus shipping cost) and save yourself the wait and lugging them in. I’ve done this every time, but the first.

I’ve dealt with Burnsville and Apple valley and couldn’t say anything bad about either one. They’ve earned my business.

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

Tires Plus in hudson sucks, they are an independantly owned store and not franchise owned and their service is really lacking compared to the others.

Yep. Agreed.

swlund
    Participant
    Cuba City, WI

I operate an auto repair shop and sell tires. We fix tires we sell or OE tires free but not tires a person buys elsewhere. We used to fix almost anything but people ruin the service by buying elsewhere and coming for the free fix because they knew we offered that service. I usually can price match FF and ussually beat Tirerack because there shipping pushes them over our price. Just like many other things a few ruined it for some others.

Keith Fischer
    Participant

Quote:

A few years ago I bought some tires at Discount Tire in Fridley. Last year they fixed a leaky valve stem on our car and didn’t charge us and I thought it was because we had bought the tire there…pretty cool.

Today I took in my pickup to have ’em look at a slow leak on one of the rear tires. I walked across the street to have lunch and when I came back they were finishing up. The tech walks in and tells me there was a nail in it and he fixed it. I start walking up to the counter and he says “no charge.” I just looked at him like ‘yeah good one.’ He hands me my keys and says come back when you need a set of tires.

FREE!

JP

Kinda makes you wonder which Discount tire store this guy
    works at???
    Pretty easy way to get some free advertising while bashing
    their competition.

t-ellis
    Participant
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Quote:

FREE!

JP

Kinda makes you wonder which Discount tire store this guy

works at???

Pretty easy way to get some free advertising while bashing

their competition.

I bet your right he works as an engineer at Medtronic during the day and Discount Tire at night changing tires. Let me guess you work for the competition?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.