Seat Belts

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

WOW.. I think the prick part is surfacing…

Call me what you will, but I have been called worse by better people

Quote:

if you don’t want to see people hurt in car crashes, don’t be an EMT ??? Make sense ???

Well you are right about this part. I don’t normally wake up in the morning and think, “Gee, I hope somebody crashes today so I can see some trauma.” I have enough job security the way it is. But, at least I can say I love going to work everyday and am able to help people when they need it.
    You can argue your point and I can argue mine until we are blue in the face. It is obvious that neither is going to change their mind on their beliefs.
    Today, tomorrow, and every other day, I will still be there to help whether it is from ignorance by one’s one actions or caused by other’s.
    You all have a wonderful day Now, I am going to get some sleep finally

big_g
    Isle, MN

Learn how to read… I have only been advocating people buckling up… why did you start this thread again ??? As for the Prick part, I only pointed out what you said for yourself This thread was not about “the man” telling people to buckle up, but rather you asking people to do it…. how you turned it into how we need to “argue points” about the definition of an accident, attaching blame and personal responsibilty for not looking for some idiot doing 80 mph and blowing a red light, is beyond me… that would be the prick coming out

I also love my job and make a nice living. I also rely on vehicles being damaged, to help support my employment, but would rather an “accident” not happen. Turn that frown upside down & Have a nice day

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

There are some differences. Food is required to live, driving is not. (most) People aren’t born with genetic predispositions were it doesn’t matter if they put their seat belt on or not. Most people can eat some “bad” food without adverse health affects.

#movinggoalpostsagainwhenconvenient

Those are your goalposts. I was pointing out the differences. A better reply would be trying to find holes in my logic.

Do you listen to Jason Lewis? Just curious.

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

There are some differences.
    Food is required to live, driving is not. (most) People aren’t born with genetic predispositions were it doesn’t matter if they put their seat belt on or not. Most people can eat some “bad” food without adverse health affects.

I was pointing out the differences. A better reply would be trying to find holes in my logic.

OK some holes in the logic
    There are some differences.” While there are some differences, there are more similarities. such as …
    Food is required to live, driving is not.” Yet they are both activities which most us do almost everyday.
    People aren’t born with genetic predispositions were it doesn’t matter if they put their seat belt on or not.” No matter what our predispositions are, we can choose good eating habits just like we can choose good driving habits.
    Most people can eat some “bad” food without adverse health affects.” Most people can also do quite a bit of unbelted driving without having a collision or causing any injuries.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Here’s a thread that might be of interest.

Link<<

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

OK some holes in the logic
    There are some differences.” While there are some differences, there are more similarities. such as …
    Food is required to live, driving is not.” Yet they are both activities which most us do almost everyday.
    People aren’t born with genetic predispositions were it doesn’t matter if they put their seat belt on or not.” No matter what our predispositions are, we can choose good eating habits just like we can choose good driving habits.
    Most people can eat some “bad” food without adverse health affects.” Most people can also do quite a bit of unbelted driving without having a collision or causing any injuries.

You really think eating and driving have more similarities that differences?

I’d say that I have never sat in a restaurant with the fear that someone elses unhealthy selection of food ever put my life in immediate danger.

Anyhow, arguing eating habits is hardly to the point of the OP. Someone else moved those goalposts and tried to implicate that it was me.

desperado

Quote:

I’d say that I have never sat in a restaurant with the fear that someone elses unhealthy selection of food ever put my life in immediate danger.

You’ve obviously never been to White Castle with BK.

danno
    Central MN

Quote:

Someone else moved those goalposts and tried to implicate that it was me.

It was you.

Quote:

If you are in an accident, then please don’t make an insurance claim since you are lobbying for the greatest amount of damage. We got a deal? I’d be all for that.

And then after getting put into a box you’ve been trying to squirm out of it ever since. As far as finding a hole in your logic it doesn’t take much as already pointed out.

If you’re going to wave the personal responsibility flag about seatbelts and how they would affect your insurance rates, then by all means food is applicable to the conversation. You can’t wave that flag only when it’s convenient for you.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

OK Dano you win.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

You’ve obviously never been to White Castle with BK.

Most in the above situation, are waving a white flag.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

OK Dano you win.

Quitter…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

OK Dano you win.

Quitter…

What? I am admitting defeat gracefully.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I’d wear mine all the time if it didn’t hurt to wear it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I’d wear mine all the time if it didn’t hurt to wear it.

My guess it will hurt worse without it… when you actually need it

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I have diligently worn my seat belt for over 35 years. It saved my life last summer as well as my two sons. I can’t imagine not wearing it, (or my cycle helmet for that fact)it’s usually on before the key hits the switch!
    Am, way to lay it out there! It’s a great soap box to be on….

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.