Best B-Day gift EVER!

• walleye_wisdom
    Participant
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

So, my g/f just got me the best b-day gift ever!

I have a massive problem with squirrels attacking my bird feeders.

Tried trapping them, Ames City Animal Control put an end to that… “Mr Davis, do you have a permit to trap squirrels in the city limits of Ames?”

Me, trying to hide my laughter: “No, I do not have a “permit” to trap squirrels in the city limits of Ames.”

So, tonight, after a few rounds of pool and drinks, she gives me the heralded Daisy 15XT CO2 powered BB handgun to shoot squirrels from my lay-z-boy off the feeders!

Tomorrow morning, Ames Iowa squirrels beware, there is a new sheriff in town, and she goes by Mrs. Daisy…….Mrs. Daisy XT15…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll start digging up the squirrel recipes!

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

I have a skunk issue BK, want them for your recipes???

Happy to ship them to you for no charge. Should be well tenderized by arrival.

Doug Bonwell
    Participant
    Cedar Falls IA

Happy belated birthday my friend! You go get em’

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

So, they have a problem with you trapping them, but you think they’ll let shooting them slide? I hope you have nice neighbors

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

“Mr Davis, do you have a permit to shoot squirrels in the city limits of Ames?”

Might be the next question….

Have fun, I couldn’t count the number of rounds that were fired at those little buggers over the years up north. Shooting BB’s, pellets, 22 shorts, 22 longs, birdshot, slingshot, all got used.

Happy Belated Birthday

Ron

stuart
    Participant
    Mn.

I used to trap them with my little girl years ago and we would then spray paint them with that holloween hair dye.The neighbors would ask me if I saw the pink,oarange or blue squirrels.Good humor.

TroyRozeske
    Participant
    Burnsville MN

Does Dry fly bait and coke work on them too?

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I used to trap them with my little girl years ago and we would then spray paint them with that holloween hair dye.The neighbors would ask me if I saw the pink,oarange or blue squirrels.Good humor.

Now that would be fun
    If you hear about a glow in the dark squirrel in Blaine, I know nothing about it.

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

I got one for you if you ever have striped gopher problems…. get your favirite fishing rod and tie a noose in the line and put it over the hole. go back to the deck and crack a cold one. wait for the gopher to poke up out of the hole and then set the hook!!! the noose tightens around the body and they run all over the yard like ‘ell. some guys even practice catch and release

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.