2 weeks till graduation

• amwatson
    Participant
    Holmen,WI

On Friday the 13 I will finally graduate with my Paramedic degree. It has been a long time coming and a hell of a road getting to this point.

I have had to sacrifice a lot just to get this far and to know the end is so close, it has been well worth the ride.

For an “older” person like myself to even go back to school, I had to give up having a “life” outside of school. My days were spent in class, in hospitals, and working on the ambulance. Family time was out the door, fishing was non-existent ( except the time MikeHD took me out for a morning of crappie fishing. Thanks Mike )

Hospital rotations consisted of ER, ICU, OB/GYN, NICU, Respiratory therapy, Dialysis, Cath Lab, and OR. On those rotations you get to deal with all kinds of medical cases. Some good and some not good at all.

The amount of training you have to learn and absorb was overwhelming at times and made you wonder if it was really worth it or not. Now that I powered through all the countless hours of no sleep, stress, and emotional rollercoasters, I know I made the right decision.

I still have to complete 250 hours of ambulance clinicals over the summer and then take a huge National Registry exam to get my license, but I will pass that without a doubt.

Looking forward to getting back to a “normal” life again. But more importantly, I am looking forward to being able to give people the help that they need when they call 9-1-1.

basser
    Participant
    White Bear Lake,mn.

Thanks for your devotion!!! Early congrats……

jon_jordan
    Participant
    St. Paul, Mn

Comgrats!

-J.

Steve Plantz
    Participant
    SE MN

Thats great news Mike keep up the good work & congrats!

I look forward to seeing you posting more when you are done with school, I miss your trap line reports.

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

Congrats, you deserve this for your dedication.

petty
    Participant
    minnesota

Thank you!!

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Congrats Wats!

ggoody
    Participant
    Mpls MN

The whole journey from start to finish has been just AWESOME Wat’s!…

farmboy1
    Participant
    Mantorville, MN

As a guy who just finished his EMT, it is not an easy road. Congrats and Good Luck

dan stien
    Participant
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Congrats I understand fully what you have had to give up. I am just finishing at MATC and transfering to UW Madison this fall for my final two years. There is no life other then school. I should have done this when I was much younger. I keep telling myself it will be worth it when I am done. Good luck in the future with your new career.

blue-fleck
    Participant
    Dresbach, MN

Well done Mike. Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

Congrats Wats

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.