No Brake Lights???????

• walleyejgr
    Participant

I’m stumped!!?? 1996 Chevy S10 Blazer 4×4.No brake light’s all other light’s work except Brake light’s and Hi-center brake light.Thanks for any input!!!

AllenW
    Participant
    Mpls, MN

Fuse?
    I think my Ford has a seperate fuse for brakes
    Al

fishbait
    Participant

On both my chevy z71 and my ford f250 both with factory trailer package have seperate fuses for the trailer. I went through the same thing

trumar
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I’m stumped!!?? 1996 Chevy S10 Blazer 4×4.No brake light’s all other light’s work except Brake light’s and Hi-center brake light.Thanks for any input!!!

Dont OVERLOOK the brake switch on the brake pedal.

When I have come across this issue thats what I found bad, changed it out with a new one good to go.

1700walleyeDan
    Participant

If it is your brake switch located on your brake pedal, you may not have to replace it. Take it out, usually just a bolt or two, and clean it up with some steel wool. I have had this problem on every chevy I have ever owned. It only takes about 30 min to remove, clean and replace.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My brake lights stumped me for a few days…until I figured out the fuse block under the hood wasn’t the only one to have a fuse marked BRAKE. Under the back seat of the Trailblazer was a second fuse box.

Good Luck!

walleyejgr
    Participant

Got brake lights!!!!!!!! $9.08 piece of plastic.It was the pedal switch that was bad.Thanks to all who helped!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Your welcome…. well that’s what I was thinking it was anyways……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.