Ann Lake near Olgivie?

• DeeZee
    Participant
    Champlin, Mn

Any one have any reports coming from this lake yet this winter?
    ITs a heck of a panfish lake, but can be hit or miss at times. THe bull gills I have seen out of there over the many years I have fished it blow me away. I have not been on it for a couple years now. Both the crappies and sunnies were always very respectable. We had a couple early ice trips that produced several crappies that would give Upper Red lake crappies a run for their money!

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have also spent some time on Ann. You are right on about the pan fish. Havent heard anything about it so far this year. I have spent more time on Ann during late ice periods.
    Fish lake near mora is just like Ann when it comes to panfish also. Big panfish and a good lake to set some tip up on for pike. The Ann river runs threw fish lake on its way to the snake river. Hopefully it wont be to long before I get up that way again.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Made it to Ann over the weekend for a couple of hours. Tryed setting up tip ups for pike but no luck. Plenty of people out there chasing pan fish. Thinking I might have to give it a try later this week for some also.

Any one else been out there yet?

Bob Carlson
    Participant
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I worked with a couple guys from Ogilvie last week, and I asked them about the fishing on Ann Lake. They said that it has been on and off lately…….said it should get better later this winter. My dad used to take me there alot when I was a young guy! It’s a great late winter lake…….march-untill ice out!

DeeZee
    Participant
    Champlin, Mn

My most memorable experiences from Ann lake has come from late ice as well! Slush, standing water, light jackets and big gills on 1# ice line made for a great day on the ice!
    As the sun began to set, several bonus big crappies made their way to the ice as well. For a panfsh lake, it used to be one of the best secrets out there!

Bob Carlson
    Participant
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

DeeZee………how right you are! I have not fished Ann much in the last 15 years…….but the 20 years prior are great memories for me! I fished it alot with my dad.
    A neighbor next to my folks kept a house on Ann, and I could use it anytime……..right off hyway47 below the old chicken farm on the hill was our late season spot. I remember having fish that were caught, swim away on top of the ice……..when the lake was flooded with water was the best time. We walked out once with knee boots I remember. I think the ice might have came off the lake very soon after that last trip.

Another good late ice season lake is section 12 south of Aitkin,Mn. Great crappie action. We used to put a blank from shore out on to the ice, too get out one last time!

Fife
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN

Any report on the ice quality? Might try Ann Lake next week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.