Clearwater/Annandale Bassin”

• Jack Naylor
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

hi All, was curious if any descent fishing is going on, in the Clearwater/Annandale area. what seems to be working, what seems to not be working. thanks for any ideas.
    Jack.

MFO
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’m fishing the Extream torunament tommorrow on Clearwater and will post after.

MFO
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

Jack,

There were quite a few patterns that put out fish on Clearwater. We caught a couple fish shallow in the reeds, but we caught more and bigger fish on Outkast jigs worked in the deepest, greenest weeds we could find. One spot in particular we went to 4 times and caught fish each time. Brown worked best.

jonn
    Participant

Like Mike, I fished the tourny too. We managed to catch our fish on topwaters…all day long. NOW, Dan and I did managed to catch a lot of fish throughout the day, just not enough of the 18+ inchers. We lost two at the boat that would have put us closer to 18#’s instead of a measely 13.6#’s.

Lately, all of the lakes in the Annandale area have been producing on top water lures. Top’s on my list are: Cedar, Maple, Clearwater, Pleasant & Sylvia. AND this type of fishing will hold strong throughout the rest of August and September.

I have attached a pic from a few years ago…my biggest bass ever caught on Clearwater using top water baits.

I call it time to have fun…because top water bassin’ for me is the BEST!! Jon

jonn
    Participant

Recent outing on Cedar produced bass like this all day long for Steve Renter of Big lake. We worked weedy flats with 1/2 oz spinnerbaits and top waters. Again, the top waters won over the spinnerbaits…..

MFO
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

Last Sat. tournament I know 2 of the top 4 came on jig worms deep. SatS bite was a lot better for bigger fish thn Fri’s Extream.

jonn
    Participant

Mike,

That very same presentation and location that you are talking about WAS producing for me before the tourny. Along with skipping under docks….we couldn’t buy a fish doing either the day of the Extream Bass tourny!! AGAIN….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.