Lake Ida Help

• fishandski
    Lakeville

Hi all,
    I need some help on Lake Ida! I will be there this weekend for a family reunion and as fun as the reunion sounds(not!) I plan on spending it in the boat doing some fishing. I have never fished it so I am looking for some tips. I will be staying on the south east side hunting bass during the day and maybe some evening eye’s. According to the DNR website it says LM Bass are found deep? Is that true? Is it pointless to fish the inside weedlines and docks?? Also it mentions Stoney Pt and Pilgrams Pt, for walleye/SM Bass..are these the 2 points/peninsula’s that are found on the south side?? Any other information would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

fishandski

CCoops

I don’t know much about the lake. I’ve only fished it twice and I don’t really remember the names of any of the structural elements. BUT…. My buddy, from forever ago, his parents live on the lake and I know that as recently as last weekend they were still catching walleyes in the morning and evening. I also know they are catching them on leeches and crawlers off sharp breaks. Hope this helps.
    CCoops

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.