AREA HELP FOR THE AREA

• pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

I HAVE INLAWS THAT HAVE MOVED TO NEW LONDON,WHEN WE VIST WE LIKE TO TAKE THE BOAT AND GET MA AND PA OUT FISHIN . WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO GET ME STARTED,IS A FEW LAKES THAT HAVE GOOD WALLEYE FISHIN ON THEM. WE USALLY HAVE A SHORT TIME TO FISH SO A SMALL LAKE WOULD BE GREAT,BUT IT DONT MATTER.IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE OUT A COM. HOLE THAT WOULD BE A BIG PLUSE ALSO.I KNOW NEW LONDON IS VERY CLOSE TO GREEN LK. SPICER AREA AND THAT IS ALL I KNOW RIGHT NOW. THANKS FOR THE HELP .PFLUGGY&THE WALLEYE CHICK.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nest or Diamond are my two top picks in that area. Both lakes have great walleye populations. Overall I would say Nest is a better bet, but when Diamond is on it can be terriffic!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

This area is my home stomping grounds. I haven’t been fishing there yet this summer, but we have a cabin on Big Kandiyohi lake, just southeast of Willmar. That lake can produce some awesome walleye fishing in the summer. The rock pile in the middle of the lake is a great place to start. (It’s on all the maps of the lake)…..the rock point off the big island is also a good spot to use lindy rigs or slip bobber fish em. Trolling cranks tight to the docks on the Northeast side is also productive. The lake is just a big bowl. Really uniform depth for the most part. It’s easy to fish and doesn’t get a lot of pressure.

Green Lake in Spicer is an awesome walleye lake and smallie lake, but I haven’t taken the time to figure it out. It’s big and FULL of structure. Fun to fish. Let us know how you do. Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.