N-S Center Bass

• ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Anybody have any patterns going for bass on North/South Center?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

2 words: Docks, pads

This time of the year and on through Aug this is where I have my best luck. Stick worms skipped around the docks and pads Texas rigged work well. Also top water baits on the pads can be real exciting. There are a couple areas that have deep rock that can spit a bigger fish, but not many for numbers. Its a good method to find a kicker fish in a tourny. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I’ll give it a try…thanks…

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Well, I prefished for a little club tourney and what you said held to be true…mostly…

I really wasn’t getting them going in the pads or on/under the docks but I’m sure they are there at times or were there and not hitting what I was throwing…

The lake is really high and most of the shallow fish I got were tight to the flooded cover close to shore such as the bullrushes, lanscaping rocks (I told you the water was high) and wood etc.

I caught a few quality fish on the deeper rocks too like you said…so, thanks for the advice!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Were you able to get under the culvert? I know I couldn’t this spring. I don’t think I’ve fished it with that of of water in the summer. Sure would be interesting. Usually the daocks are the only shallow cover and thus are loaded. Glad you figured ’em out. Thanks for the update.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Didn’t even try…I don’t think it was possible though, some guys were going to but never did…

NSD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.