Lets get this started

• scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

I know a lot of fishermen and women read this forum. So, lets get this started!! Where do most of you fish, what lakes, areas what types of species? The central lakes area covers a lot of area so I know there are a few other anglers out there. I will start:

I live in the St. Cloud area and do most of my summer/winter guiding on Mille Lacs. I also fish Big Birch, the Horseshoe Chain, Minnewaska, Osakis and a few other “Hot” panfish lakes.

So, again, where is everyone else from and what lakes do you fish?

Scott Steil

http://www.Millelacsguideservice.com

Doug Ertl
    Participant
    St Cloud, MN

Hey Scott. I am also from St.Cloud area (Luxemburg) and fish the Chain, Pleasant, Grand, Osakis, Browns, Koronis, Rice, and the river north of Sartell Dam. And last but not least, Mille Lacs on weekends.

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

DMan, we fish a lot of the same lakes. I actually live in Richmond, so I am really close to a lot of those lakes. It will be nice to do some information swapping.

Doug Ertl
    Participant
    St Cloud, MN

Absolutely, I look forward to it.
    You run a Ranger? I have a Crestliner FHSC1750,125 Merc,vantage trolling. Throw up a hand if you see me, I will introduce myself.

JoJo
    Inactive
    Eden Prairie

We’re fishing a club Bass Tournament on the Horseshoe chain July 5th. Kronis is one of our favorites lakes, but we’ve never been on any of the lakes in the chain.

Anyone want to give a little information on which lakes we should start on. I’ve got the maps of the chain of lakes also. We really don’t want to waste hours on one of the lakes that may be a stinker.

Thanks,
    Jo

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

JoJo, there are two different ways to tackle the Horseshoe Chain for bass. I prefer to fish the deep weedlines. My favorite types of areas are in Cedar Island, Krons Bay a small portion of Horseshoe, and Schneider lakes.

If you like to fish shallow, then I would suggest Becker, Long and a couple areas in Horseshoe. The curly pond weed is very thick right now and it makes fishing tough. It will be dying off soon and should make fishing much easier. Good luck and keep us posted.

Scott Steil
    http://www.millelacsguideservice.com

Don Hanson
    Participant

Gentlemen, I am headed your direction next week. What is up on Osakis,or Gull? Thanks

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Don, I have been trying to get up to Osakis all week but this weather hasn’t been helping. I am sure you are looking for walleye, I was going for the huge gills. I am no help with Gull, sorry.

JoJo
    Inactive
    Eden Prairie

Thanks for the info Scott.

We just returned from Upper/Lower Mission in Merrifield. Pond Weed hadn’t peaked there either. With all the rain it’ll be late July before it dies off.

Jo

kirsch
    Participant

Scott, nice to see you online. Let me know if you or anyone in this area need GPS maps.

ted-merdan
    Participant

Anyone ever fish Nest Lake by Spicer? Headed there 8/10-8/13 with my outlaws (no typo) from Iowa. Just looking for some insight on this lake – I am willing to swap good information for a 1/2 day on Mille Lacs.

Post or email me ~ [email protected].

ted

http://www.tedmerdan.com

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Ted, I am posting a reply in a new topic called Nest Lake.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.