Fish report for 01/11/2007

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well got a late start this morning got on the ice at 10 a.m. I know it was really late. Started out in 15 F.O.W. One line set for Crappies the other for Walleye. Vex spotted fish off the bottom but nothing interested in the bait I presented them with. By noon made a move to deeper water found a 50 foot hole not far from my 15 foot starting point. Vex was not showing much of anything between the ice and bottom when all of a sudden my bobber was gone. After setting the hook and reeling it up from the dark depths below,pulling it out of the hole to my surprise was a very nice Crappie one my brother was just telling me about lastnight a person can find on this lake but they are few and far between. Pulled out the scale and it weighed in at a even pound. Will post a pic here soon once I figure out this down sizing thing. But I have something else to tend to first so look for it this evening. Over all the day only produced two Crappies but if I would have gotten out there a bit earlier I would assume I would have had a better report/story..
    The two we did get hit just before the wind came up and the sun disappeared..

schrumy
    Clearwater MN

Thanks for the continuing reports, I need to get out there and realy try and learnd that lake.

tbuaer66

how thick is the ice?how much fishing pressure is on the lake right now?

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Ok sorry guys did not do a full report ended up rushing to the hospital. I am good to go now.. Ice is approx. 14 inches thick and the pressure is building up as days go on.Today I was shocked talking to BJ’s bait and finding out a 3/4 ton truck drove out and across this morning.. But all in all today I did see three others besides the truck driving vehicles out across the lake. All I can say is I hope they know this lake well cause it is a dangerous lake to start that with the year we have had thus far..

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I know it does not qualify for the contest but thought it still added style to a nice catch from Clearwater..

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

When I was a kid my grand fauther used to take me out there for the late ice crappie bite. I have never seen so many great crappies. Glad to see they are still around.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

That is a great crappie!

CentralBassman

Thanks for the Report.. I need to get out there sometime soon and try to get some of the crappies… But you wont find me driving on that lake EVER.. its not worth it for me!!!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Thanks Bob, but if you know this lake these are hard to find but they are out there, one just has to concentrate and really find the structure the bigger crappies prefer. I think I am going to start chasing Crappies and give up on the Walleyes for the rest of the weekend and see if I can provide some more pics of some nice Clearwater Crappies..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.