EFN Pro-Staff Article – Spring Panfishing

• Anonymous

This article sent out to us by John Navratil, is a good piece on some of the “hows and wheres” for those that are interested in getting in some spring panfishing on our Central MN Lakes this spring.

Here’s the link: Spring Panfishing – Central MN Lakes

Thanks John. I’m sure if anyone has any questions about his article or on the Central MN region in general, John would be happy to answer them here in our FTL forum.

Good fishin’,

EFN Webstaff

Anonymous

Good Article John,

Brings back alot of memories!

Fished a crick on Clearwater with my dad years past, caught my biggest Snapping Turtle on one of those trips (30 lbs.).

We’ve caught some big crappies (pound and halfers) out of those little feeder cricks in the spring.

Good job john!

Hook

Anonymous

Thanks Tim,

Clearwater, as you probably know real well, is only one of about a dozen good panfish lakes in the Annandale area where you have a chance at catching 3/4 pound to 1 pound crappies and 1/3 pound to 1/2 pound sunnies. I’m looking across my lake right now and hoping for spring REAL soon! Jon

Anonymous

Hey Jon,

I grew up on Clearwater and love fishing it. I used to always do the crappie tourny at BJ’s, but have been busy the last couple of years. It would be fun to hook up and trade spots!

Anonymous

Anytime you want to meet-up Mike, let me know. The open water season isn’t coming fast enough for me! Guess I need to start making trips to Red Wing to cure fishing fever. Next weekend I’m trying to cure it by fishing in Mexico for a week. Jon

Anonymous

Hey Jon,

Good article. Like Tim mentioned, brings back lots of memories, many with pulling jigs out of my jacket, pants, hat,etc….LOL!

Where are you heading in Mexico? Are you going Bass chunkin?

Good Luck and take a bunch of pics.

Anonymous

Thanks for the article Jon. Brings back good memories and brings out the little kid side in of us. We all love the fast action of panfish and with 5 grankids I plan on doing alot of panfishing over the years along with chasing walleyes. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.