Lake Traverse pigs!

• walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

My first day on the water on Lake Traverse this year will be hard to top any where! Started the day pitching 1/8 oz jigs tipped with minnows and/or plastics, mainly k-tail stlye, but did score a 20 in male on a chart/orange cored ringworm pitched under a tree.
    The fish were not slamming it, and they were not concentrated in any one spot, but all alone the rocky shoreline structure.We caught most of the shoreline fish in 18 to 36 inches of water.All totaled 5 nice males and 1 small one to show for the morning.
    The afternoon found us running crank baits across the mud on the north end. We also ran cranks up in to the river, which produced 6 fish over 24 inches 2 over 28 in 6 hours of fishing. About 50% were spawned out the other half just ripe with eggs. Hot crank was a crayfish pattern cotten cordell grappler shad, ripping it thru the mud at 2.7-2.9 mph!We also lost a really big eye when it broke the surface behind the boat, she was all of 9 pounds I would guess.
    Water clarity in the river is very similar to the Miss, visable for about 8 to 10 inches. Water clarity in the lake was anything but clean!, slighly better than the river.River water temps were 47 in the morning on wensday and 55 on thursday! Lake water temps seemed steadier at about 46 to 47.
    MY camera is a P.O.S! and is in the garbage now, but I have some cell phone pics Im trrying to get loaded, and will post later.

stuart
    Participant
    Mn.

Sounds like alot of fun Ben.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I saw the post with the pics! Very nice!! Thanks for posting them up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.