Big Mckenzie (spelling?)

• Anonymous

Just wondering if anyones been out and if so, care to share any info on this water? Looking at early August for a few days.

Thanks,

Anonymous

I haven’t been but what is your focus? Thought it might help the search effort some if we knew exactly what you had in mind for accomplishment.

Anonymous

Right now the lake is about two weeks behind and the weed growth is still patchy in spots and not very thick anywhere, yet. By early august the shorelines should be pretty thick. The lake is hard to learn due to an abundance of offshore structure, so you will need a depthfinder. What are you looking for, the lake has a good population of muskie and pike as well as lots of big bass, and I have seen and caught some nice walleyes although I don’t fish them. I fish the lake alot and can give you more tips if you tell me what your looking for.

Anonymous

Walleye, Pike and Bass. If a Muskie comes to play..Bonus.
    I have never been on the lake. I know we will be on the north west end of the lake. Do you know if there is a map out with gps plots?

Anonymous

No map as far as I know with gps plots. Never fished walleye but have seen a few big floaters I have heard the weed edges are good. Bass fishing is excellent shallow cover and weed edges are good. Pike and muskies are usually in heavy cover or suspended from the weed edge out by august. Usually the suspened fish are near structure and fairly shallow, I imagine that walleyes might suspend as well.The lake has several points and the offshore humps are mostly in the southern end of the lake. It is a lot of lake with a lot of structure and can be intimidating at times. I would suggest geting a map, using your depthfinder, taking you time to pick apart a few peices of structure instead of trying to fish it all. If you have a bigger boat, heads up, there are lots of shallow sand/rock bars that come sharply out of deep water and for some reason the bouys are missing on several hazards this year.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info swimwizz. I guess it will just take a little exploring with the graph and tossin out the bait to see what I can find. Will report back when the time comes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.