A little report….

• Pax
    Participant
    Woodville, WI

for evryone but maybe of special interest to Yo-Zuri and Stillakid— Fished Bass Lake (yes the one we discussed earlier) on tuesday. Caught a fair number of bass in the shallows on buzzbaits and spinners. Whole parking lot was full. Apparently they’ve been hammerring the big gills. Didn’t try it but did see plenty of beds. Lots of millfoil and in some of the bays the carp were doing their thing really shallow. As far as algea bloom – someone’s nuts. Main lake was clear to about 8-10 feet. The bays were dirtier but the carp do that. After my fill of Bass Lake I went to Pine north of Baldwin. Stillakid – if you want bullheads there is absolutely no better lake around for them. Anyway I really hammered the bass and pike. Had 8 bass in 15 casts at one spot. 2 legals. Pike were running small. Later I kicked back wiith a beer and bobber fished. Got a meal of ‘gills and a few crappies. 3 gills were about 10 in and one of the crappies was 13. Don’t get mad but the 4 bullheads I managed to catch got the plier shot to the noggin’ and were left for the eagles. Oh yah one 14 in walleye too in about 3 feet of water. that’s all I’ve got—Pax

Anonymous

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to think of us and give us a GREAT report! I’ll have to hit pine for the bullheads. I wonder if my pa would want to get out and nail some of those gills?! Hmmmmm……………

Sounds like you had a good outing though! Wouldn’t mind getting out again soon myself! If only I had my boat…………..and a vehicle to tow it with!………………..guess I’ll just survive with the inflatable SeaHawk until things come around!

YoZuri
    Participant

going to try Bass tomorrow morning. Hopefully we’ll beat the crowd. I’ll post if I do any good. I still swear there was an algae bloom Memorial Day.

Anonymous

Are you sure it wasn’t all the shredded milfoil??? You’ll know if you’re on a different Bass Lake or not by the clarity. If you can’t see at least 8-10′ like Pax says, we’d have to be talking about different lakes. In the REAL EARLY spring before weed growth is nuts, I’ve seen that lake look like a natural reservoir of spring water! Very clear………

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.