Popple Lake?

• Anonymous

Has anyone ever fished it? I have the Wisconsin book of maps and this little 90 acre lake is one of 3 that have bluegill, LM Bass, and crappie listed as Abundant. Just wondering if this is true or what. Is there any traffic on this little honeyhole? Are there any walleye in there to speak of? How do you most productively catch the LM bass in this lake? I thinking about going up there in a couple weeks when the water warms up a tad. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!

Anonymous

Yep there are a lot of crappies in there. Also Largemouth bass. The people that I know that fish it for bass usually use a rubber worm but I think it would be fun with a spinner bait also. There are some nice walleye’s in there even thought I never caught them I here from friends that catch them. I usually go there after crappie. I’ll check with some people at work that fish it and see how it’s doing. The boat landing is shallow and not a lot of parking but then there isn’t usually to many folks out there fishing. The crappies should beon the bite. I”ll check and let you know on Tuesday when I return to work. Steve

Anonymous

Popple isn’t happening yet is the word I recieved today. Now if you want to venture a little further and hit Cornell or Island in the Chain of lakes Gills are biting on Cornell and probably some northerens, Island is giving up crappies and towards evening 8:00 or so is giving up some nice eye’s. Can’t wait to get my boat back. I’ll keep you posted on Popple.With this warm weather it won’t be long for popple. Remember shallow landing and I think a no wake rule after 6:00 PM When you going? Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.