Ideas for new WI Lake Forums

• Steve Hougom
    Onalaska, WI

Anybody have any requests? I was thinking about maybe adding one for the Hayword area lakes? We need to grow east a little. Lots of people in WI looking for info.

Anonymous

hougie:

I spend a little time trying to coax your partner to fish a little further south, so maybe we gotta fix him and get together this fall or something. I have a friend in Trempealeau and would like to get a better grasp of that area. I have talked to h2o about getting some of the guides from our Minocqua area involved. Check out minocqua.org. It would seem to be beneficial to our area. It would be nice to see a little more traffic on this webpage because I know how well ftr is used. The other area is the hayward area. I am sure there are little pockets that could be worked on as well.

mbenson

Anonymous

Morning hougie, Is it a problem of needing a different forum or just getting the word out? I was also wondering about this same question. Just thought if there was a flyer or something that a person could put up at bait stores on there photo boards or similar places that was colorful like the (FTR stickers) with the web addresses of each site would help. Maybe even something like business cards that could be left at counters. They don’t need to be real fancy I made some that I used off of the computer with good quality paper for when I was collecting Leinenkugel’s items I would just hand them out at antique show’s (like the Gold Rush in Rochester).I think people will use the Wisconsin Lakes forum once they know about EFN and FTR, FTL. Its just a matter of time. I have a hard time keeping up with all the messages now. Maybe in your spare time you could add a link that would take someone to the offical flyer page of EFN we could then print out a copy for when we head fishing and could leave them at different places? Spare time yeh right LOL just a couple of ideas to help get more traffic. Steve

Steve Hougom
    Onalaska, WI

Leinie,

Their is a handout that James has. Send him an email and he will send some to you. They are very nice looking and have both addresses and the efn logo. I will be taking a bunch of these over to Winnebago. We need to start a grass roots campaign to get WI going.

Anonymous

Sounds like a great plan. I’ll get a message off to him. Should of known there was something like this already available. Steve

Anonymous

Leinieman might be right…………..I’ve felt like we need more activity in general so maybe you wouldn’t have to add a forum until a prominent area is exposed.

Pax
    Woodville, WI

No need to add anymore Forums to break up the WI section until we get some more visitors. It’d be nice if there were more to share info. Seems like there are about only 10 or so “regulars”. ——Pax

Steve Hougom
    Onalaska, WI

Ok guys…just thinking ahead. I will hit the campaign trail to start lobbying for more traffic. Oh man did I sound like a politician there! eew.

YoZuri

I should be visiting this thing more. seem to always get caught up on FTR. I really like the Hayward area and fish it whenever I can. I know a couple of guides in the Mercer WI area that may be interested in contributing. They fish the Turtle Flambeau Flowage exclusively. I’ll contact them to see if they are interested.

Tom502

I agree with Yo-Zuri, adding a Hayward area section would be a good idea to get more WI visitors to FTL.

Also, it may make sense to look at a Minocqua/Woodruff section as well as specilaty sections on the Chippewa Flowage and the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. I know some of the same guides on the TFF and will also talk to them about FTL and the possiblity of them posting on FTL.

Tight Lines !!

Tom

Anonymous

I would definately be interested- we take a family trip to the Minocqua chain each year and the only site I have been able to find is on minocqua.org, guide fishing reports section. This is good, but it would be nice to have some other input and frequent updates. FTR and FTL seem to have some experienced and active anglers with good insights and fairly open sharing of ideas that work.

Anonymous

Hey Gang:

I agree with the traffic problem. I really agree that the traffic that we get the chance to observe and be a part of if we choose on ftr is really good. Pax is probably right that until there is more traffic on this portion of the page it really doesn’t make sense to split. But the areas being tossed about are good areas as well.

The best WI lake site is probably lake-link.com. There are a good number of contributors and they seem to do a good job of exchanging info. I am still really positive with the format of this site though.

Being from Minocqua and a part of the chamber of commerce, I believe that the guides webpage is worth reading, but at times there really isn’t much traffic on it either. Muskie Hunter’s message board gets a lot of traffic, but is species specific.

I spend a lot of time on each of these boards, depending on the time of year. The spring – ftr. After general opener – Lake-link. Once muskie opens – well you know and I try to check out the Minocqua page every day.

I would be willing to try to help spread the word about ftl!!!! Its got good format and I believe it can be a positive influence on areas and guides that we are trying showcase!!!

mbenson

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.