Lakes in Hudson WI area?

• YoZuri
    Participant

Help. I’ve got 2 college buddies coming into town for 3 days of fishing the weekend of May 17th. I need a little help on finding a lake in the area that has some decent smallie/northern fishing. Polk County? St Croix County?We’re going to do the St Croix River for two days but can’t legally target smallies. My boat is too big to get into my favorite “secret” lake. (17 ft Fishawk)

This is SteveO from the FTR board, by the way.

thanks in advance

Anonymous

Most of the lakes around here are full of largemouth. Smallies can be found but they’re not nearly as abundant. Squaw and Mallelieu are your best bassin’ bets but for pike………I’m wondering if you should head up to Cedar or some of the Amery area lakes like Wapogasset or Bear Trap. If you had a smaller boat I’d suggest the Apple River………….lots of nice pike and I’m sure there’s a strong smallie presence in there too. Any interest out toward Menomin or Tainter? No further than Amery……….

YoZuri
    Participant

well Kid,

my buddy from dallas would probably love to catch some largemouth (I would too). Squaw? I’ve heard of that. Anything up Northwest of Somerset?

Pax
    Participant
    Woodville, WI

I’ve got the perfect lake for you SteveO. Pipe Lake and North Pipe Lake. From Hudson take 35 North or go to Baldwin and got to Turtle Lake. Where 63 meets 8 go north there. That is CO RD T. Follow T north until you hit 220th then left. You’re there. Plenty of smallies and northern and walleyes. Good lakes. Deep too something like mid 60 foot depths in some spots. Anyway if you have any questions just ask. BTW the boat landing kind of sucks (small and right off the road). ———–Pax

YoZuri
    Participant

Pax,

thanks for the tip! Sounds perfect. We’ll definitely try it out. I checked it out on Lake-Link. com. Sounds interesting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.