SHISHEBOGAMA

• Anonymous

ANYBODY EVER FISH THIS LAKE OR GUNLOCK LAKE? WE ARE TAKING A TRIP THIS SUMMER HERE AND WAS WONDERING ANYTHING- IE TYPE OF FISH, PREDOMINANT FORAGE, LURE COLORS. ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN SMBASS, LMBASS, MUSKY AND WALLEYE. ANY INFO COULD HELP. THANKS.

Anonymous

Not sure where that lake is located but just in case it is misspelled i fish Sissabagama near Hayward. It is an excellent Musky, bass, walleye and panfish lake. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Chris Beeksma

Anonymous

i think the spelling is right. the lake is about 6 m west of the minocqua chain and south of fence lake (in southern vilas/northern oneida county). any help would be great if anybody has heard of it or fished it.

Anonymous

Bassbaron:

You are correct on the spelling and location. Barry Gross at Berb’s General Store on 70 West guides on the Shish. As far as I know the lake has a very good bass population (both) has some nice muskies in it and is an overlooked walleye lake. I was talking with one of my employees who had on four muskies while bass and walleye fishing last summer. He claimed one was very nice. I am hoping to fish it a little more this spring/summer/fall myself.

I have ice fished Gunlock several times. We got chased off by a major thunderstorm a couple of summers ago while trying to muskie fish. I work like 80-90 hours a week in the summer in Minocqua (gotta make hay while the sun shines) and have only been able to fish the Minocqua Chain at night during the summer.

Gunlock is attached to Shish and has a good panfish population (big crappies) as well as bass, walleyes and muskie. Gunlock is the smaller of the two around 200 acres. Shish might be at 800-900 acres.

Call Barry at 715-358-1954 and tell him Mark Benson told you to call.

mbenson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.