Chippewa River

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Holly Smokes they opened up some gates today on the Chippewa. White water rafting might be fun in a rubber raft in the summer with warm water but not now. So anyone downstream (Pool 4 and below) here comes some water and a lot of it. Oh yea one of my favorite holes had some extra sand so I think it’s coming your way too.Since we don’t have a corps of engineers to keep us a channel high water has to do it. I think there may be some fish out there to catch though and I will be out Saturday checking out a hunch . Well I caught them there in the past and I made the trip this evening just to look it over and the spot is crying out to me.I think just like on the Mississippi you will need to get out of the current and throw to some trees and areas where their napping at. I’ll post up a message Sat night or Sunday. Oh yea I hope my arms arn’t too sore after my trip to Red Wing tomorrow morning. LOL

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Good luck out there!

Say, do you ever hit the Chip up north a ways………….up toward Flater’s on County Rd. D?

Bluefin16
    Eau Claire, WI

Red Cedar at Menomonie didn’t look too bad at noon today, rising a little. The main lakewas about half open and very dark, should go out Saturday. Some people at bait shop going crappie hunting. The Chippewa? Just stay away!!!!

leinieman

Hey Bluefin , Stay away from Chippewa? Nah just got to find the right backwater area to fish with not much current or those floating bass hangouts(large trees). I see the lake is very dark and it will be good to see it off, then a person can get after some nice perch. I’ll be in town and well check the temp on the Red Ceder this morning. Need bait for the Chippewa. Steve

leinieman

I usually fish from Wissota down including lake Wissota. But have you ever heard the saying “Have Rod Will Travel”

I think it went something like that. Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.