Mazaska area info

• wallster
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Thinking of hitting Mazaska on sat morning or french, shields. Anyone know what the lake travel is like after the last snow fall? Will I need a wheeler or can I get around with 4×4? Anything bitin?
    Wallster ><((((>

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

I’m heading for Mazaska tomorrow. I’ll be in the Purple Otter. Haven’t been there yet this year so I don’t know what to expect.

mskyfshntchr
    Participant
    Dodge Center, MN

Fished there Wednesday. Better have 4wd, maybe even chains depending on your vehicle. Snow was deep and drifted. Fishing was slow, but we were only there a few hours midday.

yahbuddy
    Participant
    Holmen, WI

Good luck you will have to keep me posted on how it goes, i will be heading there the weekend of the 19th. Stop at the gas station in Shieldsville they might be able to give you an update.

wallster
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Rootski, Big Red chevy duramax, IDO sticker in back window. I’m bringing the wheeler too. See us out there stop and say hi
    Wallster ><((((>

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

See us out there stop and say hi

Sounds good, hope to see you there!

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

Quick trip report. We were out for about 6 hours this afternoon. We just walked out from the park until we were in about 25 feet of water. We were over fish all day, only some of them would bite. A 1/16th inch deflection of the spring bobber was a vicious hit. Ended up catching about 30 sunfish, kept half a dozen. No Crappies.

Fun day, nice to be out when it was so warm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.