Faribault area Ice Fishing

• adam-bartusek
    Participant
    New Prague, MN

Has anyone been out to the Faribault area lately? How deep are they and what are they bitin on?

riverrookie
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

Fished French on Wednesday. Pretty good bite all day in 34 FOW. Spring bobber is a must as the bite is very light. Minnows and waxie’s worked. Drove on at Hoy’s and fished in the group of houses to the right as your driving out. Bonus fish for the day was a 44″ muskie on 6lb test!! Good luck

johnksully
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

44″ muskie. Where’s the pictures?? I did see one good size muskie below the ice yesterday also. I was on French yesterday. Pretty much same results as riverrookie. Get away from the crowd.

adam-bartusek
    Participant
    New Prague, MN

alright thanks. I hear they are fighting for ice space on that lake

mikey
    Participant

anybody been to french lately and had any luck?

superiorfishing
    Participant
    Hastings,MN

anyone fishing cedar for crappies at all?? any info would be great and save me a lil time–can pm me if you like and thanks!!

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

Quote:

Fished French on Wednesday. Pretty good bite all day in 34 FOW. Spring bobber is a must as the bite is very light. Minnows and waxie’s worked. Drove on at Hoy’s and fished in the group of houses to the right as your driving out. Bonus fish for the day was a 44″ muskie on 6lb test!! Good luck

Yes, French put out some very nice crappie this winter. All my slabs came from 30ft or deeper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.