Current Water Temp

• David Anderson
    Participant
    Dayton, MN

Surface temps dropped from 65 on September 27th, 52 on October 4th (13 degree drop in a week). With the last 4 days highs in the 40’s and lows in the mid 20’s does anyone know what the current water temp is as of today? I suspect is could be in the mid to lower 40’s. Can you say tullibee spawn? I thought I saw ice on the west basin of the Champlin Mill Pond this morning. Yikes, we may be hard water fishing by mid November!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

41.8 on the east side as of this morning.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

41.8 WOW! Slow down please so we can get a lil more fishing in.

Fife
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

41.8 WOW! Slow down please so we cna get a lil more fishing in.

We can still fish. It just means we have to fire up the Strikemaster first.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

We can still fish. It just means we have to fire up the Strikemaster first

Nah.

jetdriver
    Participant
    Hudson WI

I was duck hunting in Grantsburg last weekend. Had a little ice around the edges Saturday morning. Mid day Sunday, the geese were sliding on the ice in the marsh by the campground area.

micah-witham
    Participant
    Richfield

just got back from two nights on the pond and the temps last night while trolling were 47.5 pretty consistently over the places i fished and put in.
    not much action to be honest…fished the north west corner rocks, weeds, transitions, breaks with not a bite sunday night. last night the wind was out of the north and I braved it on Indian point and picked up 3 eaters. no big fish but it was great to feel that familiar tick followed by head shakes!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Just gonna be one of those years….Early ice might be fantastic with the fish just showing up then.

aaron
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Just got back from a long weekend. Water temps in the low 40’s reaching 43 by mid day. Long hard hours spent on the lake and nothing to show for it. Spent most of my time in front of the Red Door slow pulling cranks shallow. The next night giving the same approach out of Garrison. I then moved deeper and by night 3 I was out roaming the flats. When the rain moved in I moved out. Fishing can only get better from here.

fish-them-all
    Participant
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the report Aaron. I was hoping the bite might improve closer to the full moon, but maybe it won’t this year with the cold water. I might still have to give it a try next weekend sometime for a few hours.

Chris Meisch
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN 55303

I plan to give it a shot as well. Bad fishing is better than no fishing. Plus, you never know when you just might get into them.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The boat might not get wet anymore this season.

t-ellis
    Participant
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

I plan to give it a shot as well. Bad fishing is better than no fishing. Plus, you never know when you just might get into them.

I’ll be up staying at the Door with my Dad hitting the lake Friday and Saturday nights, Channel 82.

chris-tuckner
    Participant
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Pools 2,3 and 4 are on fire right now for big fish. My normal Mille Lacs trolling week is going to be replaced by River pigs. The thump on a Ringworm or paddle tail and even a blade is as much fun as a crank bait getting smashed!

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tuck:

Quote:

The “thump” on a Ringworm or paddle tail and even a blade is as much fun as a crank bait getting smashed!

More fun if ya ask me!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.