Ice Fishin Mille Laccs

• Anonymous

I’m looking for a web site and or a Resort that I can get information from as soon as they get their houses on the ice. There’s alot of places that rent houses up there and I was wondering if someone had better luck with one over another. Or if one side of the lake is better than another.

Thanks and Happy Holidays !!

ec

Anonymous

I think you are in a good place here to find that out… I am wondering what kind of fish you are after though… perch, walleyes, crappie? I have lots of friends that start right out of Wigwom Bay, early near the weeds. Hawger

Anonymous

Hey Hawger,

I was thinking of icing some walleyes or maybe some perch. I fished out of Agate Bay along time ago but at that time I did about as much partying as anything else. Well that was a long long time ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It would be real helpfull if I can a e-mail or check an up-to-date-web site for ice conditions.

Thanks Hawger,

ec

Anonymous

ecnook- I would recomend Mac’s twin bay or Karpens as they have some of the best fishhouses on lake Mille lacs. They are also in areas on the lake where they might be some of the first resorts on the ice! Mille Lacs still has open water and it will be some time before houses will be on the lake. The phone numbers for them are: Mac’s-320-676-8709 and Karpen’s-320-676-8834

Give them a call for house rental info and we’ll keep you posted here on FTL for changing ice condition.

We need some cold weather to make ice…………..

good luck, Bobber

Anonymous

Thanks Bobber

ec

Anonymous

I would have to also suggest Karpen’s. Joe will do just about anything for you and the have some very nice houses. Its the only place the wife will go. And there’s nothing like a good greasy #4 for breakfast!!

Anonymous

EC,

I rented from Dickies last year, late. We were shallow, too shallow for that time of year. Although we did see a 40+ muskie and several huge eyes on the camera. The shacks were mediocre at best. I’ve also fished out of HJ’s shacks. Henry is an interesting character, and I’ve always been treated very good by everyone at the resort. Those are the only two places I can speak from experience about. I’d recommend HJ’s over Dickies personally.

Anonymous

The past 10 or so years, I have fished out of Hunters Point. I have never rented a shack from them, but have paid access fee’s and frequented the resort. I have always had a good experience with Hunters, occassionally it gets pretty busy, and turns into some what of a zoo around there but thats what you get with a popular spot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.