Big Point

• Anonymous

Just back from the lake. As the other reports indicate, the bite is going well. My boat did not get into the big numbers, managed a few nice fish and a limit of keepers too. We were fishing the Big Point area 90% of the time. Lots of fish in the 18-23 inch range, a handfull of short fish and three that were 25-27.

Folks, the fall colors are as good as they get right now around the lake. Add in the full moon, the northern lights and a walleye pulling on your rod….man…heaven!!

J.

Anonymous

You got that right, the colors up their are unbelievable. I dont know why but I have really noticed a difference in the colors from other years, just cant put my finger on it.

I am heading up tonight again, maybe if I wrap my fingers around a cold beer and look again at the colors I may come up with a explanation. Will have to try this 24 times and see what happens. They have difenitly peaked around the lake.

Dman

Anonymous

I agree with what Jon wrote. We were treated to some beautiful northern lights on a couple of nights.

My boat did not get into large numbers either but we got fish both with slip bobbers and trolling. I caught 2 – 27 1/2″ fish with a jig and leech on one of my favorite “spots” on the spot. Trolling also worked well and I was able to catch a 27″ and also a 24 1/2″ for my larger fish. We did manage to get into some slot fish which made my friends happy.

As the water gets cooler I expect the bite to hold on. Can’t wait for the 10/31 full moon.

Anonymous

Just thought of a couple of things to add. The new Taildancer worked good for us. I was using the #7 which I was pulling down to 8′ or so with Fireline. So good that I picked up a 5″ walleye. This poor fish must have been very hungry. It is good that I had the feel of Fireline or I could have pulled this fish around for a while. My brother commented that it was smaller than some that his kids had in their aquarium.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.