Perch tourney in New York with my cousins

• andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Please excuse me for posting in the Iowa forum but I just booked a flight to fish a tourney on Seneca lake in New York state with my twin cousins April 19, 20. It’s a two day tourney and the top ten heaviest perch pay! You weigh as many as you want within your limit. Two years ago my cousins got first and 3rd place with a couple of these slobs. The obvious 1st place fish was 2.96 lbs. My cousins are 6’3″ and 6’4″ and these fish still look like monsters. I can’t wait!! Anybody have any experience fishing in this region (finger lakes near rochester, NY)? Any ideas or info would be great. They know what they’re doing but I’d like to bring an arsenal of ideas to try while they do the same old thing.

deertracker
    Participant

Those are some awesome perch! their dark stripes look really cool.
    DT

matt_grow
    Participant
    Albertville MN

I think those are the best looking perch I’ve ever seen. Those stripes are unreal

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Are you ice fishing them or open water. Weather looks pretty fair in the background.

howler
    Participant
    bagley wi.

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Open water. Seneca lake never freezes I don’t think. It’s over 600 ft deep. Crazy huh?

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good luck Andy

Rugbystar
    Participant
    Marion, Iowa

So I want to know what happened to you with the height? 6’4″ cousins…
    Seriously, sounds like a fun trip. I wonder if those fish would hit smaller cranks and the smaller spinner baits. If they would that would be a good way to cover a lot of ground instead of jigging or rigging. Good luck and make sure you post your results.

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

thanks guys. I don’t know what happened with my height – oh yeah I do, my mom’s 4’11”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.