Iowa River 11-20-06

• andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

I got out last night from 7:30 – 9pm. Had to work late so I decided to go anyway. Well, the walleyes were on fire. I got 9 nice eyes and probably missed that many or more. 1/4oz BFT kelly green hair jig w/ a minnow was the ticket. I tried a white hair jig and a purple hair jig – Nothing. Went back to the green and wammo – got another on the first cast.

Talked to a buddy that fished the wapsi yesterday and he said he’s never caught so many walleyes in his life.

It seems that this nice weather is really getting them feeding so get out there if you can.

fishnhard72
    Participant
    Ankeny, IA

nice report. Andy i just moved to cedar rapids to go to school at kirkwood i was jus wondering if u knew of any good places to fish from bank around here?? my gma and gpa live in independence and i have a duck blind on the river but not sure really where to fish? HELP

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

sent you a pm.

luke_haugland
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Sweet report Andy!! Thanks for the phone call…

I have been really hunting hard lately…no time for fishing..

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

luke, you gotta fish this week. monday and tuesday should be good and then it’s gonna get really cold. the night bite has been hot!!

zamer
    Participant
    Grimes, Iowa

Is that you Mike Holt?

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

zamer, lookin for somebody??

luke_haugland
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Quote:

Mike72

Reged: 02/12/06
    Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA Re: Iowa River 11-20-06 [Re: Andy Craig]
    #418777 – 11/21/06 01:20 PM Edit Reply Quote

nice report. Andy i just moved to cedar rapids to go to school at kirkwood i was jus wondering if u knew of any good places to fish from bank around here?? my gma and gpa live in independence and i have a duck blind on the river but not sure really where to fish? HELP

I think he was asking mike72 if he was mike holt…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.