Iowa DNR seeks input…………

• joshbjork
    Participant
    Center of Iowa

http://www.iowadnr.gov/home/ctl/detail/mid/2822/itemid/902

DNR Seeking Public Comments on Proposed Changes to Fishing Regulations
    Posted: 07/12/2012
    The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is considering presenting a proposal to the 2013 legislature which would change Iowa code related to re-defining the definition of bait and to limit an angler when trolling and bait casting to one hook on each of the trolling spoons or artificial baits when used on one line.

The proposal to re-define the definition of bait would specifically identify what types of bait an angler may use. Included in this definition is a clear recognition of what live fish may be used as bait. The proposed definition will continue to allow anglers to use the baits that are now most commonly used. According to the proposed definition an angler would no longer be allow to use any
    live fish that is not listed as bait.

The DNR will be accepting comments on the proposal until July 31, 2012. Three meetings have been scheduled to obtain public comment. Written comments can be sent to Martin Konrad, Iowa DNR Fisheries Bureau, Wallace State Office Building, 502 E. 9th St., Des Moines, IA 50319-0034, by email to [email protected] or fax at 515-281-6794. Persons who wish to convey their views orally should contact the Fisheries Bureau at 515-281-6976 or at the Bureau offices on the fourth floor of the Wallace State Office Building.

joshbjork
    Participant
    Center of Iowa

I edited that down. The whole thing if you follow the link.

stuwest
    Participant
    Elmwood, WI

i will pray for you josh…

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

100% in support. No need to use small sauger, white bass, and crappie as bait. The DNR needs to put an end to that NOW.

haasjj
    Participant
    Cordova, IL

Does anyone have a link to the actual proposal?

joshbjork
    Participant
    Center of Iowa

Not the actual wording of the proposed change. you can follow the link to the dnr page. I found it under the fishing section if the link doesn’t work. The actual wording of the last one was not true to the press release entirely.

slampig
    Participant
    Clinton, Iowa

Wouldn’t this make Quick Strike rigs, Dubuque Rigs and Double Stickbait setups illegal? Is the Alabama Rig that much of a problem? Seems unnecessary to me. Maybe I’m reading this wrong. I understand limiting what bait is used, but why the number of hooks?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.