devils lake

• Anonymous

just got back from Duck Hunting and waleye fishing. My father and a couple buddies own a house southeast of Devil’s Lake.

The Duck Hunting is just tremendous out there, and the walleye fishing was excellent as well. I really had a great time. If anyone that is interested in a combo trip of Duck hunting and fishing this is hard to beat.. This is my 9th year in a row out there and I look forward to that week every year,

We also got into some nice upland bird hunting (grouse, and partridge) Northern fishing was also excellent and the biggest white bass I have ever seen,,,,

Last winter (dec) I went out to devils lake and tried the perch fishing….. I found that there is so much forage that you cannot really MAKE them bite…. they are pigs…. I found that the best perch fishing was some of the smaller lakes….. It is no secret but lake loretta is fantastic as well as some others ……. I have also heard mixed stories on the “perch patrol”. Good and Bad for my money If you are into going to Devils Lake for the walleye/perch, got to ed’s (baitshop) and see where they are biting they will even give you the gps coordinates,,,,,, good luck fireflick and drop me a private if you are interested in further info the northern fishing on Loretta is phenominal also////////

Anonymous

Thanks for the info and tips! Hawger

mjelle
    Devils lake ND

where is your place south east of DL? I tell people about the cast and blast opportunities here. I am glad to read your post confirming it. I fish and hunt mostly the west side by Minnewaukan and Grahams Island.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.